Fremont Truck Accident Attorneys
Catastrophic Truck Accidents in Fremont
Getting into an accident with a big rig truck on the highway can be terrifying. It’s also a lot more dangerous than a collision with another automobile. A truck is much larger than a car and it’s a lot more likely to cause serious fatalities and serious injuries than a regular car. Trucks are common on the state highways around Fremont, Nebraska, including 30, 275, 77, and 6.
Fremont Personal Injury Services
- Fremont Personal Injury Overview
- Fremont Bicycle Accident
- Fremont Car Accident
- Fremont Dog Bite
- Fremont Motorcycle Accident
- Fremont Nursing Home Abuse
- Fremont Pedestrian Accident
- Fremont Premises Liability
- Fremont Product Liability
- Fremont Traumatic Brain Injury
- Fremont Truck Accident
- Fremont Uninsured Motorist Claims
- Fremont Wrongful Death
In addition to being extremely dangerous, truck accidents are also more difficult to litigate. Truck companies are represented by big insurance companies that will do everything they can to prevent you from getting a settlement that covers the true cost of your injuries. They might even pressure you to give a statement right after your accident that could hurt your claim.
Instead of talking to insurance companies who make their money by paying out as little in claims as possible, contact an experienced truck accident attorney right away. At Bottlinger Law L.L.C., we know how to take on the big trucking companies and win. Jason Bottlinger is a member of the Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forum, an exclusive club of highly successful litigators.
To learn more, call Bottlinger Law L.L.C. today at (402) 505-8234 to schedule a FREE consultation.
A Truck Accident Attorney You Can Count On
Your truck accident attorney will investigate the accident to so they can prove it was caused by another person’s negligence. Their investigation will include the following types of information:
- Accident scene photos
- Medical records
- Police reports
- Witness testimony
- Trucking company personnel records
- Accident scene recreations
- Interviews with expert witness
- Accident scene recreations
Your attorney will use their investigation to calculate the true cost of your injuries. A collision with a truck may cause severe injuries that require extensive medical care. Some types of injuries never allow you to go back to the way you were before the accident. For example, spinal cord injuries may cause paralysis, requiring a lifetime of treatment and assisted living.
The total long-term cost of your injuries may include:
- Emergency room treatment
- Ambulance rides
- Lost wages
- Reduced future wages
- Physical therapy
- Assisted living
- Home and vehicle accommodations
- Pain and suffering
What Causes Truck Accidents?
Trucking companies must hire qualified employees and make sure they maintain a clean driving record. They also need to give their drivers safe trucks by providing regular maintenance. When trucking companies try to save money by skimping on necessary repairs, the results can be accidents caused by faulty brakes, blown out tires, and other types of mechanical failure.
Another way trucking companies cause accidents is by forcing drivers to meet quotas that violate federal hours of service regulations. This leads to drowsy driving, which is a threat to everyone on the road. Your Fremont accident lawyer knows how to review the hours-of-service records and hold trucking companies accountable for accidents that were caused by their greed to make a few extra dollars.
Truck accidents may be caused by the following types of careless behavior:
- Overloaded trucks. It’s every truck driver’s responsibility to make sure their load is properly secured before they begin a trip. Unsecured cargo may cause debris to fall from the truck, creating a hazard for other drivers. When trucks are overloaded or if the cargo is improperly balanced, it makes the truck more difficult to maneuver and more likely to cause an accident.
- Jackknife accidents happen when a truck driver suddenly slams on the brakes. Drivers are taught to apply their brakes gradually, but inexperienced drivers may panic when traffic stops ahead of them, causing the truck and cab to lock up and extend sideways. This may obstruct several lanes of traffic. A jackknifed truck will often result in a major accident involving several vehicles.
- Distract driving directly causes accidents when drivers take their eye of the road for a moment to check their phone, reach for an object, or respond to a conversation. When a truck driver stops paying attention or loses their concentration, the results can be tragic for other drivers.
- Runaway trailers. Brake failure, shifting cargo, jackknifing, speeding, mechanical issues, and driving on icy roads can cause a runaway trailer. This is a nightmare occurrence that may kill or injure other drivers.
We’re Here to Help
At Bottlinger Law L.L.C., we help people who have be hurt by the careless actions of others. We’ll fight to get you the money you need to put your life back together.
Give us a call today at (402) 505-8234 to schedule your FREE consultation. You won’t have to pay anything unless we win your case.
Our legal team is ready to help. Please fill out the form below to set up a free consultation with the Bottlinger Law team.
$1.8 Million Settlement
Nursing Home Abuse
$1.4 Million Settlement
Agricultural Estate Dispute Between Family Members
Non-Surgical Soft Tissue Injury, Pedestrian-motor Vehicle Collision
Rear End Collision, Soft Tissue Injuries (Council Bluffs, Iowa)