Papillion-La Vista Community Truck Accident Attorneys
The Hazards of Big Rig Trucks
Truck accidents can be devastating. A fully loaded big rig truck weighs about 25 times more than a regular car. Trucks have so much momentum that they can’t stop suddenly and when they crash into another vehicle, the people inside that vehicle are likely to suffer catastrophic injuries.
Papillion and La Vista Personal Injury Services
- Papillion and La Vista Personal Injury Overview
- Papillion and La Vista Bicycle Accident
- Papillion and La Vista Car Accident
- Papillion and La Vista Dog Bite
- Papillion and La Vista Motorcycle Accident
- Papillion and La Vista Nursing Home Abuse
- Papillion and La Vista Pedestrian Accident
- Papillion and La Vista Premises Liability
- Papillion and La Vista Product Liability
- Papillion and La Vista Traumatic Brain Injury
- Papillion and La Vista Truck Accident
- Papillion and La Vista Uninsured Motorist Claims
- Papillion and La Vista Wrongful Death
If you are suffering from injuries caused by the negligent actions of a careless truck driver, it’s important to find a personal injury attorney who knows how to handle these cases. Investigating a truck accident and taking on the big insurance companies representing trucking firms requires deep pockets and extensive knowledge about the logistics of truck crashes.
Jason Bottlinger isn’t afraid to take on the big trucking companies. He’s so successful at winning big cases that he’s a member of the Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forum.
If you or a loved one has been injured or killed in a truck accident, call (402) 505-8234 today and schedule a FREE consultation with Bottlinger Law L.L.C.
What a Truck Accident Attorney Can Do for You
Insurance companies don’t play fair. After an accident involving a trucking firm, insurance companies will often send out a team of their own investigators. They might even try to suppress evidence, manipulate witness statements, and trick victims into saying things that can hurt your claim.
If you get into a collision with a truck driver, don’t talk to anyone about it except the police who are investigating it. You will want to meet with an experienced truck accident attorney as soon as possible. Let your attorney communicate with the insurance companies. Trucks frequently travel around the Papillion-La Vista community on Interstate 80, Interstate 680, and Interstate 480 as well as on State Highways 370, 75, 275, and 50.
Another thing that insurance companies do after an accident is offer victims a lowball settlement that doesn’t come close to covering the full cost of your injuries. An experienced truck accident lawyer knows how to determine the true cost of your injuries. Truck accident victims are more likely to be suffering from extreme injuries, especially when a truck crashes into a pedestrian, a cyclist, or a motorcycle.
If the accident victim suffers from a spinal cord injury, they may require a lifetime of medical treatment. This may include extensive home care and alterations to your vehicle and living accommodations.
Your truck will calculate the long-term expenses caused by the accident, which may include:
- Emergency room visits
- Ambulance rides
- Medical specialists
- Doctor’s office visits
- Home care
- Lost wages
- Reduced earning potential
- Pain and suffering
What Causes Truck Accidents?
The two major causes of truck accidents are negligent drivers and trucking companies that cut corners to save money. Many trucking companies ignore violations of federal hours of service rules, allowing their drivers to log too many miles. This makes the company more profitable, but it can also lead to drowsy driving, a major cause of truck crashes. Your truck accident attorney knows how to check for these types of violations.
Trucking companies also save money by hiring inexperienced drivers right out of trucking school. Unfortunately, inexperienced drivers are a lot more likely to make the kinds of mistakes that get people injured or killed on the highway. Some of the more common types of accidents we see include:
- Overloaded and poorly loaded trucks. An overloaded truck puts a strain on the suspension, tires, and brakes, making an accident more likely to occur. Cargo that isn’t secured can fall out of the truck and cause accidents by forcing drivers to swerve out of their lane. When the truck’s load isn’t properly balanced, it makes an accident more likely to occur.
- Jackknife accidents usually happen when a driver slams on the brakes to avoid a stoppage in traffic. Drivers are taught to apply their brakes gradually, and it’s often inexperienced drivers who panic and lead to jackknife accidents which cause the truck and trailers to become stretched out across the highway. This creates a hazard that often results in several crashes.
- Distracted drivers who are eating, talking, texting, or reaching to get something on the floor or inside the cab are a major hazard to other drivers. It only takes a moment of inattention for a truck driver to cause a devastating accident.
- Runaway trailers are caused by speeding, brake failure, slippery road conditions, tire blowouts, and shifting cargo. This terrifying scenario can create an unavoidable tragedy for other drivers.
Were You Hurt by a Careless Trucker?
If you have been injured by the actions of a careless truck driver, we’re here to help. Our team at Bottlinger Law L.L.C. fights to get you the money you need to cover the cost of your injuries and other expenses caused by the accident.
Give us a call today at (402) 505-8234 to schedule your FREE consultation.
Our legal team is ready to help. Please fill out the form below to set up a free consultation with the Bottlinger Law team.
$1.8 Million Settlement
Nursing Home Abuse
$1.4 Million Settlement
Agricultural Estate Dispute Between Family Members
Non-Surgical Soft Tissue Injury, Pedestrian-motor Vehicle Collision
Rear End Collision, Soft Tissue Injuries (Council Bluffs, Iowa)