Bennington Personal Injury Lawyers
Bennington is a cozy town where people know their neighbors. Every June, residents celebrate Bennington Daze, a two-week event that attracts a lot of tourists. Festivities include live music, karaoke, fireworks, a farmer’s market, classic cars, a beer garden, and a lot of great food, especially if you’re into BBQ. In Bennington we like to support the local community and Eat Local whenever we can.
Bennington Personal Injury Services
Most people in Bennington drive to work, and the commutes are getting longer. In fact, it’s taking 25 percent longer to get to work than it did in just 12 years ago. Over 88 percent of commuters drive to work by themselves and over 45 percent travel more than 25 miles to get to work.
If you have been injured in an automobile accident, contact Bottlinger Law L.L.C for a FREE consultation by calling (402) 505-8234.
In a recent year, over 17,000 Nebraskans were injured in car accidents and 248 were killed. Causes of car accidents include:
- Driving under the influence. Drivers who have been using drugs or alcohol are a threat to everyone on the road. These substances impair a person’s judgement, visual perception, and reaction time.
- Distracted driving means any activity that prevents a driver from giving their full attention to the road, including eating, adjusting the radio, and using a cell phone for talking or texting. It only takes a moment of distraction to cause a tragedy that can ruin someone’s life.
- Dangerous road conditions. We get some pretty severe weather in Nebraska, especially in the wintertime. Drivers should never go faster than road conditions allow and avoid driving in snowstorms unless it’s absolutely necessary.
- Speeding. Nearly one third of car accidents are the result of speeding. Driving too fast makes you more likely to get in an accident, and it also results in more serious injuries.
- Poor vehicle maintenance. Maintaining your brakes, struts, safety lights, windshield wipers and power steering system are essential for safe driving. It’s also important to check the air pressure in your tires and make sure they have enough tread to stop safely and prevent blowouts.
Riding a motorcycle is a fun and economical way to get around. But riders don’t have the same type of protections as automobile drivers and their passengers, so the injuries riders suffer in a crash may be severe.
Most motorcycle riders are safe drivers, but it’s important to be extra alert when you’re on your bike because other motorists aren’t always looking out for you. In fact, nearly two-thirds of motorcycle accidents happen when drivers fail to even notice you.
When a motorcycle rider or their passenger is injured in a crash, insurance companies are extremely reluctant to offer you a reasonable settlement that will cover the cost of your medical care and other expenses caused by your injuries. That’s why you will want to contact an experienced Bennington motorcycle accident lawyer to help you get back on your feet again with a settlement that may include:
- Ambulance transport
- Doctor’s office visits
- Loss of income
- Rehabilitation and physical therapy
- Reduced earning capacity
Big rig trucks are massive compared to regular motor vehicles. Trucks also take longer to slow down and stop, so when they crash into a passenger car, injuries can be severe or even fatal for the driver and their passengers. Motorcycles, cyclists, and pedestrians are particularly vulnerable in truck collisions.
Factors that contribute to truck accidents include:
- Poor truck maintenance
- Driver DUI
- Distracted driving
- Overloaded vehicles
- Fatigued and overworked drivers
If you’ve been hurt in an accident caused by a negligent truck driver, the trucking company and their insurance agents will do everything they can to prevent you from getting a fair settlement. That’s why your personal injury lawyer will conduct a thorough investigation to find out who’s liable for your injuries.
Bennington is a great place to get outside and enjoy nature, with scenic places to walk and several outstanding local bike trails. As a bicycle rider, you have the same rights to use the roads as everyone else. But motor vehicle drivers don’t always look out for bicycles and respect your right of way.
If you are injured by a careless driver while riding your bicycle, insurance companies can be very difficult to work with. They’re likely to offer you a lowball offer that won’t even cover your medical bills.
Your Bennington bicycle accident lawyer will explore all your options to help you get the money you need to put your life back together. For example, there’s a chance your underinsured motorist UM/UIM coverage applies if you are hit by a driver with insufficient coverage.
Pedestrians who use roads and intersections to get where they need to go are in a vulnerable position. When careless drivers fail to obey traffic laws by speeding, running stop signs and traffic lights, and entering crosswalks without looking, the results can be tragic for pedestrians. Commons pedestrian injuries caused by negligent drivers include:
- Broken bones
- Loss of limb
- Crush injuries
- Traumatic brain injuries (TBI)
- Wrongful death
Your pedestrian accident attorney will investigate your accident by going over the police report, interviewing witnesses, and reviewing the accident scene to determine who is liable for your injuries. Then they will file a claim to cover the cost of your injuries and other expenses caused by your injuries.
At Bottlinger Law L.L.C., our personal injury legal team knows how to get you the maximum compensation for your injuries. We work on a contingency-fee basis. That means you don’t pay anything unless we win your case. Call (402) 505-8234 to learn more today.
Our legal team is ready to help. Please fill out the form below to set up a free consultation with the Bottlinger Law team.
$1.8 Million Settlement
Nursing Home Abuse
$1.4 Million Settlement
Agricultural Estate Dispute Between Family Members
Non-Surgical Soft Tissue Injury, Pedestrian-motor Vehicle Collision
Rear End Collision, Soft Tissue Injuries (Council Bluffs, Iowa)