Bennington Premises Liability Attorneys
Representing Bennington Injury Victims
Located in Douglas County approximately 10 miles from Omaha, Bennington is considered one of the best places to live in Nebraska. With a population of 2,075, it offers a safe, small-town atmosphere along with the conveniences of a larger metropolitan area. Bennington attractions include Glacier Creek Preserve, over 160 acres of diverse flora and fauna, representing the natural heritage of Nebraska.
Property owners in Nebraska have a duty to visitors to maintain their property reasonably free from hazards. If you have been injured in Bennington because of a dangerous condition on someone else’s property, it is in your best interests to speak with an attorney as soon as possible. You may have a premises liability claim for compensation.
What Are the Common Causes of Slip and Fall Accidents?
Many premises liability claims arise from slip or trip and fall accidents. Common causes include:
- Slippery floors: This can result from spills, recent mopping or waxing, or floor surfaces that are too smooth.
- Snow and ice: During the winter months, snow and ice that accumulates on walkways, in parking lots, and in entrances and foyers can cause slip and fall accidents if not cleared away and salted.
- Tripping hazards: This includes both indoor and outdoor obstacles, such as torn or wrinkled carpeting, loose mats or floorboards, debris on the floor or grounds, holes in pathways, and uneven or broken sidewalks.
- Defective stairways: Broken or tilted steps, uneven stair heights, ripped or loose carpet, loose boards, missing or broken handrails, slippery treads, and poor lighting can lead to falls in stairways.
- Elevators: When they are not properly aligned with the floor, elevators can create a tripping hazard. A malfunctioning elevator that descends too quickly or causes a jolt when it stops can cause occupants to lose their balance and fall.
What Types of Injuries Do Slip and Fall Accidents Cause?
Slip or trip and fall accidents can cause a wide range of injuries, some of which can have life-altering consequences for victims. Common injuries include:
- Fractured bones: Wrists, arms, elbows, hip, tailbone, legs, feet, face, and skull)
- Spinal injuries: A fall can fracture vertebrae or cause slipped or herniated discs. When the spinal cord is damaged, it can lead to partial or complete paralysis.
- Traumatic brain injury: Head trauma in a fall can cause damage to the brain. Severe traumatic injury can have long-lasting, debilitating symptoms.
- Facial injuries: When the face strikes the ground or an object in a fall, it can cause fractures of the nose or facial bones, deep cuts, eye injuries, and broken teeth.
- Wrist, elbow, and shoulder injuries: It is a natural reaction to extend the arms and hands to break a fall. When this occurs, the impact can cause injuries to the wrists, arms, elbows, and shoulders. In addition to broken bones, victims often suffer damage to the nerves and soft tissue.
How Is Liability Determined in a Slip and Fall Accident?
The fact that a person was injured on someone else’s property does not necessarily mean the property owner is liable. To establish liability, you must prove that the property owner was negligent – failed to exercise reasonable care to prevent visitors from being harmed. You must show that the property owner knew or should have known of the hazard and failed to take action to correct it.
If you have been hurt in a slip and fall accident on someone else’s property, contact Bottlinger Law L.L.C. at (402) 505-8234 to schedule a free consultation. Our Bennington premises liability lawyer can tell you if you have a case and what damages you may be entitled to claim.
Our legal team is ready to help. Please fill out the form below to set up a free consultation with the Bottlinger Law team.
Recent Case Results
$1.8 Million Settlement
Nursing Home Abuse
$1.4 Million Settlement
Agricultural Estate Dispute Between Family Members
Non-Surgical Soft Tissue Injury, Pedestrian-motor Vehicle Collision
Rear End Collision, Soft Tissue Injuries (Council Bluffs, Iowa)
Bennington Personal Injury Services
- Bennington Personal Injury Overview
- Bennington Back and Neck Injury
- Bennington Bicycle Accident
- Bennington Car Accident
- Bennington Child Injury
- Bennington Dog Bite
- Bennington Motorcycle Accident
- Bennington Nursing Home Abuse
- Bennington Pedestrian Accident
- Bennington Premises Liability
- Bennington Product Liability