Bennington Car Accident Attorneys
Getting in a car accident is one giant hassle. The first concern is making sure everyone in your car is getting the medical attention they need.
Bennington Personal Injury Services
After the dust settles, you’re probably still feeling pretty disoriented. But soon you are going to have to start thinking about all the mundane things you need to do like getting your car fixed, paying your medical bills, and dealing with the insurance companies. It’s important to remember that insurance companies are in business to make money, and they do this by paying out as little in claims as possible.
If you get in an automobile crash, your car accident attorney can help. They can investigate the accident and file a claim on your behalf to help you recover the cost of your injuries and other expenses. To learn more, contact Bottlinger Law L.L.C. by calling (402) 505-8234 and schedule your FREE consultation today.
People can suffer from car accidents in Bennington, Nebraska, a community where almost all commuters drive to work. In fact, over 91 percent of people in Bennington drive to work by themselves and almost eight percent of our residents carpool.
Bennington is located in Douglas County, Nebraska. The population is just over 1,900 people. When traffic is flowing, you can get from Bennington to Omaha in less than 30 minutes by taking the Bennington Road to the Sorensen Parkway (17.8 miles) or via the Sorensen Parkway (7.1 miles). When traffic is light, it takes just over an hour to get from Bennington to Lincoln, Nebraska via the I-80. Alternative routes to Lincoln include N 204th St to the I-80 or Via the US-77 South.
If you feel up to it, you can use your cell phone camera to record the accident scene. Make sure to capture pictures of the accident site from various angles, vehicle damage, and any injuries sustained by you and your passengers. You will also want to get photos of any skid marks or traffic signs that may be obscured.
After exchanging insurance information with the other driver, make sure to get contact information from any witnesses. The information you collect at the accident scene will help your Bennington personal injury lawyer when negotiating your claim with insurance companies and it can be very helpful evidence if you have to go to court. You will also want to keep records for all you doctor’s visits and other medical care.
Your personal injury attorney will review the police reports and videos and photos of the accident scene and collect witness reports as part of their investigation. They may also consult medical experts about your injuries to strengthen your claim.
Nebraska is an at-fault state. That means your lawyer must prove that another person is responsible for your injuries before you can collect on a claim. If it’s determined that another driver committed a negligent act that caused your injuries such as running a red light, you can seek damages to pay for your medical care. Negligent behavior that may lead to an accident includes:
- Distracted driving. This is one of the leading causes of accidents in America. If a driver diverts their attention from the road for an instant, the result can be deadly. Major causes of driver distractions include eating, talking, adjusting the radio, and texting.
- Driving under the influence. Drinking and using controlled substances impairs your judgment, vision, and reaction time. People who drive while intoxicated are endangering everyone on the road.
- Speeding. The faster a vehicle travels, the more dangerous it becomes. Speeding dramatically reduces reaction time and causes crashes to be much more deadly.
- Unsafe turns. When a driver doesn’t account for oncoming traffic or neglects to make sure the lane is clear, the results can be devastating. Many of the most harmful accidents take place at intersections.
- Tailgating. Driving too close to another vehicles eliminates your ability to react in time if the other driver is forced to stop suddenly. The bigger cushion, the safer you will be.
- Street racing. Like most states, Nebraska has strict laws against street racing. This dangerous activity kills and injures countless innocent victims each year.
Sometimes people who aren’t directly involved in a wreck can be found negligent. For example, the manufacturer of faulty breaks or a trucking company that hired an employee with a poor driving record may be forced to pay damages for actions that lead to a collision.
Car accidents may result in severe injuries and other tragic results, including:
- Loss of limb
- Severe burns
- Crush injuries
- Paralysis and nerve damage
- Fractured bones
- Internal organ damage
- Wrongful death
An accident victim may be facing a lifetime of hardship and medical expenses. Your car accident attorney will calculate the long-term cost of your injuries. This may include:
- Ambulance rides
- Hospital and doctor’s office visits
- Emergency room care
- Reduced quality of life
- Lost wages
- Reduced earning potential
- Pain and suffering
If you or a loved one has been seriously injured or killed in an automobile collision caused by somebody else’s negligence, you shouldn’t be expected to pay for it yourself. Your car accident attorney can help you get compensation to cover the cost of your injuries and other expenses.
Give us a call at Bottlinger Law L.L.C. today by calling (402) 505-8234 to get a FREE consultation. We work on a contingency-fee basis, so we don’t collect anything from you unless we get you a settlement. At Bottlinger Law L.L.C., we’re on your side.
Our legal team is ready to help. Please fill out the form below to set up a free consultation with the Bottlinger Law team.
$1.8 Million Settlement
Nursing Home Abuse
$1.4 Million Settlement
Agricultural Estate Dispute Between Family Members
Non-Surgical Soft Tissue Injury, Pedestrian-motor Vehicle Collision
Rear End Collision, Soft Tissue Injuries (Council Bluffs, Iowa)