Bennington Motorcycle Accident Lawyers
There’s nothing quite like riding a motorcycle. The freedom and sense of adventure you get cruising down a highway or a country road is totally indescribable.
Motorcycles aren’t just fun, they are also economical. A motorcycle costs a lot less to buy than a car, the upkeep is much cheaper, and you hardly need any gas to get around. It’s also a lot easier to park.
The one downside with motorcycles is that when a wreck happens, your injuries can be severe. Unfortunately, careless drivers don’t always look out for motorcycles when they’re driving.
If you are a motorcycle rider who’s been injured in an accident in Bennington, the personal injury team at Bottlinger Law L.L.C. can help you get a settlement that will cover the full cost of your injuries. Call (402) 505-8234 to schedule a FREE consultation today.
At Bottlinger Law L.L.C., we want all our neighbors to be safe. That’s why we advise motorcycle riders to always drive defensively and be on the lookout for hazards.
Dangerous motorcycle accidents can happen anywhere, even in and around a small town like Bennington. Fatal motorcycle accidents have occurred at 132nd Street and L Street and on 147th Street and State Street.
Most drivers follow the rules and look out for others. But when drivers behave recklessly or fail to take the necessary precautions, the results can be catastrophic. Careless driver actions and other situations that often result in motorcycle accidents include:
- Drunk driving reduces the driver’s ability to make sound decisions. It also impairs a driver’s vison, reflexes, and muscle control.
- Distracted driving including texting, talking, reaching for an object, checking GPS, or changing the radio may cause a driver to take their eyes off the road long enough to miss a sudden change in the traffic flow, and this can have tragic consequences.
- Failure to check blind spots. All cars have blind spots, areas immediately surrounding the vehicle where you cannot view objects in your normal field of vision. Trucks have much larger blind spots and because they are so large, trucks cause much greater damage in a collision. All drivers must take extra precautions to account for their blind spots to prevent accidents.
- Intersection accidents. Almost 40 percent of accidents involve intersections. Motorists may cause crashes with motorcycles by running a red light or not checking the oncoming traffic carefully enough when making a left turn.
- Speeding makes driving a lot more dangerous. When a driver goes too fast, they have less time to react to a hazardous situation and the impact of a collision is much greater when a vehicle is speeding.
- Aggressive driving such as tail-gaiting, weaving in and out of traffic, or making other types of careless maneuvers, is a threat to everyone on the road.
- Unsafe lane changes and merges. When a driver doesn’t check for other vehicles before entering a new lane, the results can be especially harmful to motorcycle drivers.
- Open door accidents. Before they open their car door, it’s important for passengers in parked cars to look out for oncoming motorcycles, cars, and bicycles. Motorcycle riders don’t have time to react when a door is opened right in front of them.
- Road hazards. Loose gravel, wet or icy surfaces, debris, and objects that fall off trucks can all cause a motorcycle to swerve or lose traction, leading to a fall.
Automobile drivers and their passengers have seatbelts and the car’s cabin to protect them when a collision occurs. The only protection motorcycle riders have is the helmet, gloves, jacket, boots, and leathers they wear.
When a rider falls off their bike or collides with another vehicle, their momentum will carry them along until they make contact with the road or another object. Injuries sustained by motorcycle riders and their passengers are often severe, requiring extensive medical treatment.
Common motorcycle accident injuries include:
- Spinal cord injuries
- Traumatic brain injuries (TBI)
- Biker’s arm
- Road rash
- Bone fractures
- Loss of limb
- Internal organ damage
The most important thing to do after a motorcycle accident is to get the necessary medical care. That’s why you will want to call 911 right away. Make sure to see a doctor as soon as you can. Head injuries, internal organ damage, road rash, and other injuries can get much worse if you don’t receive the proper treatment.
As you recover from your injuries, follow all your doctor’s instructions and go to all your appointments. And take the time you need to rest and recover.
When you feel up to it, contact a Bennington motorcycle crash attorney. Your lawyer will investigate the accident and file claims against anyone whose negligence caused your injuries.
Insurance companies are often reluctant pay out the full amount necessary to cover the costs of a motorcycle accident. Your Bennington injury attorney will calculate the true cost of your injuries and fight to get you a settlement to pay for your expenses, which may include:
- Ambulance rides
- Emergency room treatment
- Loss of income
- Doctor’s office visits
- Long-term care
- Pain and suffering
- Rehabilitation and physical therapy
If you were harmed in an accident caused by someone else’s negligence, you shouldn’t have to pay for your own medical expenses. At Bottlinger Law L.L.C., we’ll help you get a settlement to cover the true cost of your injuries. And we aren’t afraid to take on the big insurance companies.
Call (402) 505-8234 to find out how we can help. At Bottlinger Law L.L.C, we’re on your side.
Our legal team is ready to help. Please fill out the form below to set up a free consultation with the Bottlinger Law team.
Recent Case Results
$1.8 Million Settlement
Nursing Home Abuse
$1.4 Million Settlement
Agricultural Estate Dispute Between Family Members
Non-Surgical Soft Tissue Injury, Pedestrian-motor Vehicle Collision
Rear End Collision, Soft Tissue Injuries (Council Bluffs, Iowa)
Bennington Personal Injury Services
- Bennington Personal Injury Overview
- Bennington Back and Neck Injury
- Bennington Bicycle Accident
- Bennington Bus and Van Accident
- Bennington Car Accident
- Bennington Child Injury
- Bennington Dog Bite
- Bennington Drunk Driver Accident
- Bennington Motorcycle Accident
- Bennington Nursing Home Abuse
- Bennington Pedestrian Accident
- Bennington Premises Liability
- Bennington Product Liability