Bennington Reckless Driving Accident Attorney
Bennington, Nebraska, is known for its small-town charm and family-friendly atmosphere. However, even in this peaceful town, accidents on the road are an unfortunate reality. When aggressive driving escalates to reckless behavior, it poses a serious threat to everyone’s safety. Speeding, tailgating, and disregarding traffic signals are actions that can lead to severe injuries.
If you’ve been injured due to someone’s reckless driving in Bennington, don’t hesitate to reach out to us at Bottlinger Law L.L.C. Our firm is rooted in Midwestern values—honesty, integrity, and a passion for justice. Head attorney Jason Bottlinger has been championing the rights of reckless driving victims for over 15 years, and he is a proud member of the Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forum, a group designated for lawyers who have achieved multi-million dollar wins for their clients. We are ready to support you throughout the legal process and protect your rights every step of the way.
Call us today at (402) 505-8234 for a free consultation, and let’s see what we can do to help.
Reckless driving is a perilous behavior with significant consequences. It not only increases the risk of traffic accidents but also heightens the likelihood of severe injuries due to high speeds and dangerous maneuvers. Reckless driving goes beyond simple errors, demonstrating a complete disregard for road rules and the safety of others. Examples include:
Examples of reckless driving include, but are not limited to:
- Ignoring traffic signals: Disregarding stop signs, red lights, and other traffic signals designed to regulate the flow of traffic.
- Overtaking in dangerous situations: Passing other vehicles in no-passing zones, blind curves, or areas where it is unsafe to overtake.
- Aggressive driving: Engaging in hostile behaviors such as tailgating, aggressive lane changes, and weaving in and out of traffic.
- Driving under the influence (DUI): Operating a vehicle while impaired by alcohol, drugs, or other substances that affect one’s ability to drive safely.
- Racing on public roads: Engaging in unauthorized and dangerous racing on public streets.
- Driving too fast for road conditions: Failing to adjust speed according to weather conditions, road quality, or visibility.
Common injuries resulting from reckless driving accidents include:
- Fractures: Broken bones can result from the impact of a reckless driving accident.
- Head injuries: Trauma to the head, including concussions or more severe injuries, can occur in collisions or if the head strikes an object.
- Spinal injuries: Damage to the spinal cord can lead to paralysis or other long-term complications.
- Internal injuries: Trauma to internal organs, such as the liver, spleen, or lungs, can occur due to the force of a collision.
- Emotional and psychological trauma: The emotional toll of a reckless driving accident can lead to anxiety, depression, and post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD).
- Death: In the most severe cases, reckless driving accidents can result in fatalities.
Reckless driving is taken seriously by the law in Bennington because the act poses a threat to public safety. While it can result in criminal charges, it’s not necessary to file charges for a personal injury case. However, proving recklessness is crucial for seeking compensation.
Individuals injured in reckless driving accidents may be entitled to various legal recoveries, depending on the specific circumstances of the case and the laws in their jurisdiction. The following are common types of compensation that injured individuals may pursue:
- Medical expenses: Compensation for current and future medical bills related to the injuries sustained in a reckless driving accident. This may include hospitalization, surgeries, medications, rehabilitation, and ongoing healthcare needs.
- Lost wages: If the injuries result in the victim being unable to work, compensation may be sought for the income lost during the recovery period. This can include wages, bonuses, and other financial benefits.
- Pain and suffering: Non-economic damages to compensate for the physical and emotional pain, suffering, and distress experienced due to the reckless driving accident.
- Permanent disability or disfigurement: In cases where the injuries result in a permanent disability or disfigurement, individuals may seek compensation for the long-term impact on their quality of life.
- Loss of consortium: In some jurisdictions, spouses or family members may be entitled to compensation for the loss of companionship, support, and services of the injured individual.
- Punitive damages: In cases where the reckless driving behavior was particularly egregious, punitive damages may be awarded. These damages are intended to punish the at-fault party and deter similar conduct in the future.
Importantly, some insurance policies specifically exclude certain acts that can constitute reckless driving, such as drag racing. Seeking the assistance of an experienced Bennington car accident lawyer is crucial to navigating the legal process, gathering evidence, and building a strong case for fair compensation.
If you’ve suffered injuries in a reckless driving accident in Bennington, Bottlinger Law L.L.C. is here to help you navigate your case. You shouldn’t have to pay for injuries caused by somebody else’s reckless behavior. We are committed to getting justice for our clients and will fight tirelessly for the compensation you deserve.
Take the first step toward recovery by scheduling a free consultation—call us at (402) 505-8234 today.
Our legal team is ready to help. Please fill out the form below to set up a free consultation with the Bottlinger Law team.
Recent Case Results
$1.8 Million Settlement
Nursing Home Abuse
$1.4 Million Settlement
Agricultural Estate Dispute Between Family Members
Non-Surgical Soft Tissue Injury, Pedestrian-motor Vehicle Collision
Rear End Collision, Soft Tissue Injuries (Council Bluffs, Iowa)
Bennington Personal Injury Services
- Bennington Personal Injury Overview
- Bennington Amazon Accident
- Bennington Amputation
- Bennington Back and Neck Injury
- Bennington Bicycle Accident
- Bennington Burn Injury
- Bennington Bus and Van Accident
- Bennington Car Accident
- Bennington Child Injury
- Bennington Dog Bite
- Bennington Drunk Driver Accident
- Bennington Motorcycle Accident
- Bennington Nursing Home Abuse
- Bennington Orthopedic Injury
- Bennington Pedestrian Accident
- Bennington Premises Liability
- Bennington Product Liability
- Bennington Reckless Driving Accident