About Bottlinger Law L.L.C.
Welcome to Bottlinger Law L.L.C.! We are an Omaha-based law firm that specializes in estate planning, commercial litigation, and agricultural law. We take pride in offering personalized law services and helping our clients plan for their futures or navigate confusing legal situations.
Licensed to practice in Nebraska, Iowa, and Texas, attorney Jason B. Bottlinger began his legal career in Houston, defending insurance companies. While he enjoyed the fast-paced, high-dollar litigation involved in insurance law, he realized that his true calling was fighting for the rights of real people.
Since returning to his home state of Nebraska, Jason has concentrated on estate planning, agricultural law, personal injury claims, family law, contract law, and medical malpractice. He has argued cases all over Nebraska, large parts of Iowa, and in the Eighth Circuit Court of Appeals in St. Louis. His decisions include:
- Producers Livestock Marketing Association v. Peterson: A $722,550 judgment on commodity hedge contracts.
- Lakeside Feeders, Inc. v. Producers Livestock Marketing Association: A $1.5 million judgment for a lender against the claims of the borrowers’ livestock manager.
- Robertson v. Jacobs Cattle Company: Affirmed a trial court’s previous judgment of dissociation in a family ranch partnership.
- Wiles v. Wiles Bros, Inc. & Marvin C. Wiles: Held that, for a shareholder to dissolve a Nebraska farm corporation, statutory requirements for nominee certificates are strictly construed, and certificates are required for owners to have dissolution rights.
- Lincoln Provision v. Puretz: Overruled the defendants’ Motion for Summary Judgment regarding the value of a kosher beef slaughter facility.
More about his case results.
Born in Omaha and a graduate of the University of Nebraska –Lincoln, attorney Jason B. Bottlinger always has and always will consider himself a “Husker.”
Jason’s wife is also a Husker; she grew up on a family farm in northeast Nebraska. The two met at UNL, then moved to Texas where Jason attended law school at Baylor University. But, Texas was too far from family, so they moved back to Nebraska. And to this day they love calling Omaha home. The couple now has two children who keep them both very busy. When not practicing law, Jason enjoys spending time with family, fishing, photography, and football.
- Texas Bar Association
- Nebraska State Bar Association
- Iowa State Bar Association
- U.S. District Courts
- District of Nebraska
- Southern District of Texas
- U.S. Court of Appeals, 8th Circuit
Baylor University Law School
National Moot Court Team
Order of Barristers
University of Nebraska-Lincoln
B.S. Biochemistry & B.A. English & Economics
NFA National Semi-Finalist, Lincoln Douglas Debate
National Merit Scholar
Where We Are Located
Bottlinger Law L.L.C. is located in Downtown Omaha. Our office is just east of the intersection of South 24th and Harney Street, directly across the street from Federal Reserve Bank.