Bennington Product Liability Lawyers
Advocates for Victims of Dangerous Products in Bennington
Bennington Personal Injury Services
- Bennington Personal Injury Overview
- Bennington Bicycle Accident
- Bennington Car Accident
- Bennington Dog Bite
- Bennington Motorcycle Accident
- Bennington Nursing Home Abuse
- Bennington Pedestrian Accident
- Bennington Premises Liability
- Bennington Product Liability
- Bennington Traumatic Brain Injury
- Bennington Truck Accident
- Bennington Uninsured Motorist Claims
- Bennington Wrongful Death
Injuries caused by dangerous and defective consumer products are more common than you may think. In 2021 in the U.S., 11.7 million residents were treated in emergency departments for injuries caused by consumer products, as stated by the National Safety Council (NSC). Many of the injured were older adults and children.
If you or your loved one has been hurt by a consumer product, it is in your best interests to speak with an experienced Bennington product liability attorney as soon as possible. You may have a claim against the manufacturer and/or other parties.
What Is Product Liability?
Product liability is the legal liability a manufacturer or trader incurs for making or selling a faulty product. Any or all parties along the chain of manufacture of a defective product can be held liable for damages caused by that product. Liable parties in a product liability claim may include:
- Manufacturer of component parts
- Assembling manufacturer
Manufacturers and suppliers can be held financially responsible for three different types of product defects:
- Design defects: A dangerous design flaw is inherent in the product before it is manufactured.
- Manufacturing defects: Defects occur during the construction or production of a product. Usually in this case, only a few out of many of the same type of product are defective.
- Marketing defects: This type of defect involves failure to warn consumers of the dangers associated with the product or to provide proper instructions for its use.
What Types of Consumer Products Most Commonly Cause Injures?
A wide range of defective products can cause injuries, from children’s toys to auto parts to dangerous drugs. NSC reports that the top three causes of product-related injuries are:
- Stairs, ramps, floors, and landings – 2.7 million injuries
- Beds, pillows, and mattresses – 824,000 injuries
- Chairs, sofas, and sofa beds – 558,000 injuries
The following are top products for causing injury to children ages 0 through four:
- Soaps and detergents: 11,698 injuries – 62 per 100,000 population
- Television sets and stands: 6,519 injuries – 34 per 100,000 population
- Cooking ranges, ovens, etc.: 6,097 injuries – 32 per 100,000 population
What Types of Injuries Are Caused By Defective Consumer Products?
Manufacturers have a duty to ensure their products are safe for public use. Nevertheless, millions of residents have been injured or killed by defective products. Faulty products can cause serious injuries, for example:
- Organ damage and other bodily injuries from dangerous prescription drugs
- Head injuries from defective motorcycles, bicycles, and scooters
- Severe burns from household appliances with faulty wiring
- Broken bones from faulty furniture that breaks unexpectedly
- Asphyxiation from children choking on small toy parts that break off easily
How Is Liability Determined in a Product Liability Case?
Product liability is a strict liability offense. This means that, in a product liability claim for compensation, the defendant is found liable for damages if the plaintiff (injured party) can prove that the product is defective, regardless of intent. There is no need to show that the defendant failed to exercise proper care – if a defect in the product caused harm, the manufacturer or supplier is legally responsible.
What Forms of Compensation Are Available for Bennington Product Injuries?
After serious injuries caused by a faulty product in Bennington, you have a right to seek compensation for your losses. Damages you may be entitled to claim may include past and future medical expenses, lost income, loss of future earning potential, pain and suffering, and other losses.
Our experienced Bennington personal injury lawyer can investigate your accident, collect evidence to support your claim, assess the full extent of your losses, and vigorously pursue the compensation you deserve. Contact us today at (402) 505-8234 to schedule a free consultation.
Our legal team is ready to help. Please fill out the form below to set up a free consultation with the Bottlinger Law team.
$1.8 Million Settlement
Nursing Home Abuse
$1.4 Million Settlement
Agricultural Estate Dispute Between Family Members
Non-Surgical Soft Tissue Injury, Pedestrian-motor Vehicle Collision
Rear End Collision, Soft Tissue Injuries (Council Bluffs, Iowa)