Bennington Bus and Van Accident Attorneys
Located just 10 miles from Omaha, Bennington is a city with a population of about 2,000 that maintains a safe, small-town atmosphere. Visitors and residents may travel to, from, or through Bennington by bus or van. Although they happen less frequently than car accidents, bus and van crashes can have devastating consequences when they occur.
If you or your loved one has been injured in a bus or van accident, it is in your best interest to speak with an experienced Bennington personal injury attorney as soon as possible. Speak with a skilled attorney at Bottlinger Law L.L.C. by calling (402) 505-8234 to schedule a free initial consultation.
Both buses and vans are larger than other vehicles and possess bigger blind spots. Crashes can occur when bus or van drivers change lanes or merge onto highways. Common causes of bus accidents include:
- Bus driver negligence: Bus drivers can cause crashes by driving distracted, driving fatigued, driving under the influence of alcohol, drugs, or medications, or by speeding, running red lights or stop signs, or violating other traffic laws.
- Bus company negligence: Bus companies may be held liable for the negligent actions of their drivers. They may also face liability for forcing drivers to spend too many hours behind the wheel, negligent hiring practices, failing to provide adequate training, failing to enforce policies regarding distracted driving, impaired driving, etc., and failing to properly maintain their buses.
- Negligence of other drivers: Passengers can be hurt in bus accidents caused by other drivers. In some cases, bus drivers cannot avoid collisions caused by the negligence of other motorists on the road.
Fifteen passenger vans are longer, taller, more prone to roll over, and more difficult to maneuver than smaller passenger vehicles. The greater the number of passengers a van carries, the greater the risk of a rollover. Seating configurations in vans can put excess weight on the left rear tires, making blowouts more likely to occur.
The impact of a collision can be greater when it involves a larger, heavier vehicle. Bus and van accidents can cause a wide range of severe injuries, including:
- Bone fractures
- Crush injuries
- Spinal cord damage and paralysis
- Neck and back injuries
- Head and brain injuries
- Internal organ damage
- Crush injuries
- Wrongful death
Liability for bus and van accidents can depend on a number of factors, such as:
- Public buses are operated by government agencies like cities, counties, and states. If you were injured in a bus wreck that was the bus driver or bus company’s fault, you must file a claim against the appropriate government agency. Suing the government involves different rules and time limits, so consulting with an experienced personal injury lawyer is essential.
- Private bus companies have commercial insurance policies that can provide greater compensation than standard personal auto insurance. To recover compensation from private bus companies for injuries suffered in a crash, you must file a claim with the company’s insurer or file a lawsuit in civil court.
- Liability for a van accident will depend on who the van belongs to and who caused the crash. Vans are used by businesses for deliveries, sports teams, church groups, and other organizations for traveling to events. Large families also use vans for general transportation.
If you were injured in a bus or van collision in Bennington, our experienced personal injury attorney at Bottlinger Law L.L.C. in Omaha will determine who’s liable for your accident and explain your options under the law.
You don’t have to navigate the complexities of your claim alone. Contact us at (402) 505-8234 to schedule a free initial consultation. We want to help.
Our legal team is ready to help. Please fill out the form below to set up a free consultation with the Bottlinger Law team.
Recent Case Results
$1.8 Million Settlement
Nursing Home Abuse
$1.4 Million Settlement
Agricultural Estate Dispute Between Family Members
Non-Surgical Soft Tissue Injury, Pedestrian-motor Vehicle Collision
Rear End Collision, Soft Tissue Injuries (Council Bluffs, Iowa)
Bennington Personal Injury Services
- Bennington Personal Injury Overview
- Bennington Back and Neck Injury
- Bennington Bicycle Accident
- Bennington Bus and Van Accident
- Bennington Car Accident
- Bennington Child Injury
- Bennington Dog Bite
- Bennington Drunk Driver Accident
- Bennington Motorcycle Accident
- Bennington Nursing Home Abuse
- Bennington Pedestrian Accident
- Bennington Premises Liability
- Bennington Product Liability