Bennington Child Injury Attorneys
Has Your Child Been Seriously Injured in Bennington?
If your child has been injured due to someone else's negligence, you may be entitled to compensation. Child injuries are devastating, not only for the child but for the entire family. As a parent, it's natural to feel overwhelmed and unsure about what steps to take next. However, with the help of an experienced Bennington child injury lawyer, you can seek justice and hold the responsible parties accountable.
Child Injuries and Personal Injury Claims: Understanding Your Legal Rights
At Bottlinger Law L.L.C., we understand the impact child injuries have on families. Our legal team has helped numerous clients in Omaha and the surrounding areas navigate complex personal injury claims related to child injuries. In seeking compensation, it is helpful to be aware of the common types of child injuries caused by negligence, what parties may be liable, and the legal standards for establishing liability and recovering damages – and why hiring a Bennington personal injury attorney is important in these cases.
Common Types of Child Injuries
Child injuries can happen in many ways, but some of the most common types include:
- Car wrecks: Children may be injured as passengers in car accidents or as pedestrians struck by vehicles.
- Playground accidents: Children may suffer injuries from falls, defective equipment, or improper supervision on playgrounds.
- Swimming pool accidents: Drowning, near drowning, and other injuries can occur in swimming pools and other bodies of water.
- Dog bites: Children may suffer serious injuries from dog bites, which can lead to scarring, infection, and emotional trauma.
- Medical malpractice: Healthcare providers can be responsible for injuries suffered by children due to medical errors or negligence during birth, surgery, or routine medical care.
Liability of Different Parties
Several parties could be held liable for child injuries, including drivers, property owners, product manufacturers, childcare centers, schools, and healthcare providers, among others. A lawyer can help determine who is responsible for your child's injury and hold those parties accountable. Liability can be established when evidence proves the responsible party was negligent in some way and caused the injury.
For example, if a driver was texting while driving and hit a child pedestrian, the driver can be held liable for the child's injuries. If a daycare center owner fails to provide adequate supervision and a child is injured on the property or under daycare supervision, the owner may be held responsible. In medical malpractice cases, liable parties can include doctors, nurses, hospitals, and other healthcare providers.
Potential Legal Claims
If your child is injured due to someone else's negligence, there may be various legal claims available to you, such as:
- Personal Injury Claims: A personal injury claim seeks compensation for injuries suffered due to someone else's negligence. Compensation may include medical expenses, lost wages, pain and suffering, and other damages.
- Medical Malpractice Claims: Medical malpractice claims seek compensation for injuries caused by medical errors or negligence. Compensation may include medical expenses, lost income, and other damages.
- Product Liability Claims: Product liability claims seek compensation for injuries caused by defective products. Compensation may include medical expenses, lost income, and other damages.
Legal Standards for Establishing Liability and Recovering Damages
To establish liability and recover damages in child injury cases, you must prove that the responsible party was negligent and that the negligent action (or lack of action) caused the injury. This involves showing that:
- The responsible party had a duty to exercise reasonable care to prevent injury.
- The responsible party breached that duty by failing to exercise reasonable care.
- The breach of duty caused the child's injury; and
- The child suffered damages because of the injury.
Establishing liability can be challenging in some child injury cases, as many involve complex legal and factual issues. This is when an experienced personal injury attorney can help.
The Benefits of Hiring a Bennington Personal Injury Attorney
Hiring a Bennington child injury attorney in cases of child injuries is crucial for several reasons. First, a lawyer can provide legal expertise and guidance throughout the entire process, from filing a claim to negotiating a settlement or litigating the case in court. Second, an attorney can provide compassion and support for the child and their family during a very difficult time. Finally, a lawyer can advocate for the child's best interests by pursuing the maximum in financial compensation.
Unique Challenges and Considerations in Bennington Child Injury Cases
Working with children and families in personal injury cases requires special attention and sensitivity. Communication must be clear and frequent to ensure that the child and their family understand the legal process and the options. The lawyer must also be sensitive to the emotional needs of the child and the family, offering support and guidance as needed. It's important to work with an attorney who has experience working with the parents of injured children and understands these unique challenges.
Bottlinger Law L.L.C. Can Advocate on your Child’s Behalf
Child injuries can have a significant impact on a family's physical, emotional, and financial wellbeing. If your child has been injured due to someone else's negligence, it's important to seek legal guidance from an experienced personal injury attorney who can help you understand your legal rights and options and provide you with the legal assistance you need.
Contact us today for your free consultation at (402) 505-8234.
Our legal team is ready to help. Please fill out the form below to set up a free consultation with the Bottlinger Law team.
Recent Case Results
$1.8 Million Settlement
Nursing Home Abuse
$1.4 Million Settlement
Agricultural Estate Dispute Between Family Members
Non-Surgical Soft Tissue Injury, Pedestrian-motor Vehicle Collision
Rear End Collision, Soft Tissue Injuries (Council Bluffs, Iowa)
Bennington Personal Injury Services
- Bennington Personal Injury Overview
- Bennington Back and Neck Injury
- Bennington Bicycle Accident
- Bennington Car Accident
- Bennington Child Injury
- Bennington Dog Bite
- Bennington Motorcycle Accident
- Bennington Nursing Home Abuse
- Bennington Pedestrian Accident
- Bennington Premises Liability
- Bennington Product Liability