Bennington Traumatic Brain Injury Attorneys
Traumatic brain injury (TBI) is injury to the brain caused by trauma, rather than by disease. It is usually caused by a violent blow or jolt to the head or body. Penetrating traumatic brain injury can also occur when an object, such as a bullet or piece of skull, penetrates the tissue of the brain.
Severe TBI can have life-altering consequences for victims and their families. If you or your loved one has suffered brain injury through someone else’s negligence, it is in your best interests to speak with an experienced Bennington traumatic brain injury lawyer as soon as possible.
Bennington residents can sustain brain injury in many different ways. Common causes include:
- Car accidents: The force of a motor vehicle crash can cause severe trauma to the head and brain. Car accidents are a leading cause of traumatic brain injury.
- Truck accidents: In a collision between a 4,000-pound passenger vehicle and an 80,000 pound 18-wheeler, passenger vehicle occupants can suffer serious injuries, including TBI.
- Pedestrian accidents: Pedestrians are completely unprotected and vulnerable to injury when hit by a car or truck. A pedestrian’s head can be struck by the vehicle or hit the pavement, resulting in bleeding and bruising of the brain, along with damage to the nerves.
- Bicycle accidents: Nearly 597,000 traumatic brain injuries from bicycle accidents were treated in U.S. emergency rooms from 2009 through 2018, as reported by the Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC). Cyclists can suffer brain injury in a fall or a collision.
- Motorcycle crashes: Lacking the protection of an enclosed vehicle, riders can be thrown from the bike in a crash. Traumatic brain injury is common in motorcycle accidents. Some collisions are so severe that even a helmet cannot prevent brain injury or death, as stated by CDC.
- Slip and falls: Slipping hazards on a property can cause slip and fall accidents. Falls are the most common cause of TBI, particularly among older adults and children, as stated by Mayo Clinic. Head injuries can occur in a slip and fall accident when the head strikes the floor or an object on the way down.
- Wrongful death: Traumatic brain injury is one of the most common causes of disability and death in adults, according to Johns Hopkins. When someone’s negligence or wrongdoing causes TBI and death, surviving family members of the deceased can hold responsible parties accountable in a wrongful death claim.
Moderate to severe traumatic brain injury can have long-term consequences for victims and their loved ones. It can cause prolonged or permanent changes in awareness, responsiveness, and state of consciousness. Significant brain injury can cause changes in cognitive skills and make it more difficult to focus and to process thoughts. TBI can lead to a range of intellectual problems, including altered memory, reasoning, judgment, problem solving, and decision making. It can also cause communication problems, behavioral changes, and emotional difficulties.
If someone else’s negligence caused the accident in which you sustained brain injury, the at-fault party may be held liable for damages. You may be entitled to recover compensation for your medical expenses, lost income, loss of future earning capacity, pain and suffering, and other losses.
Our Bennington injury attorney at Bottlinger Law L.L.C. can investigate your accident to determine fault and liability and secure evidence to support your claim. We can assess the full extent of your damages – past, present, and future. If you have suffered traumatic brain injury in an accident that was someone else’s fault, contact us today at (402) 505-8234.
Our legal team is ready to help. Please fill out the form below to set up a free consultation with the Bottlinger Law team.
Recent Case Results
$1.8 Million Settlement
Nursing Home Abuse
$1.4 Million Settlement
Agricultural Estate Dispute Between Family Members
Non-Surgical Soft Tissue Injury, Pedestrian-motor Vehicle Collision
Rear End Collision, Soft Tissue Injuries (Council Bluffs, Iowa)
Bennington Personal Injury Services
- Bennington Personal Injury Overview
- Bennington Amazon Accident
- Bennington Amputation
- Bennington Back and Neck Injury
- Bennington Bicycle Accident
- Bennington Burn Injury
- Bennington Bus and Van Accident
- Bennington Car Accident
- Bennington Child Injury
- Bennington Dog Bite
- Bennington Drunk Driver Accident
- Bennington Motorcycle Accident
- Bennington Nursing Home Abuse
- Bennington Orthopedic Injury
- Bennington Pedestrian Accident
- Bennington Premises Liability
- Bennington Product Liability
- Bennington Reckless Driving Accident