Bennington Dog Bite Attorney
It’s horrible to see someone you love being attacked by dog. Dog bites can cause serious injuries, especially when the victim is too small to defend themself. Sadly, children are most likely to bitten by dogs.
In may seem like a rare event, but every year over 800,000 people seek medical treatment for dog bites. The physical and emotional toll of a dog attack can be devastating. When it comes to dog bites, Nebraska is a strict liability state. That means the dog’s owner is legally responsible for its actions.
If your loved one was harmed in a dog attack in Bennington, contact Bottlinger Law, L.L.C. today. We’ll file a claim against the owner’s insurance company to help you get the money you need to cover the cost of treatment. Call (402) 505-8234 to learn more today.
It’s natural to feel pretty shaken up when you witness a dog attack. But try to remain as calm as possible so you can assist the victim. Here’s what you’ll want to do to after an attack to enhance the recovery process.
- Seek medical attention. Check to see if the victim is bleeding. If the bite broke the skin, wash out the wound a see a doctor right away. Stiches may be required, and your doctor will want to dress the wound properly. They may also prescribe antibiotics to prevent infection.
- Exchange contact information with the dog’s owner if it’s not a stray. It’s also a good idea to collect phone numbers from any witnesses. This will make it easier for your dog bite attorney to conduct an investigation.
- Take pictures of the dog, the scene of the attack, and the victims injuries using your cell phone camera to document the incident.
- Don’t use social media to talk about the incident. Even your private communications can be accessed by the other side’s attorney. Nothing you say on social media can help you, and it might even harm your claim.
- Writing down what happened in a journal will help you remember the events more clearly and it can be referred to at a later date.
- Contact a dog bite attorney right away.
In most dog bite cases, the owner will be someone you know. But whether it happens at a friend’s house, or if a strange dog attacks a loved one while you’re out walking, you’ll want to find an experienced Bennington personal injury attorney to file a claim against the owner’s insurance company.
You may already have an attorney who handles your personal or business interests, but it’s essential to find an experienced dog bite attorney. Insurance companies do everything they can to save money. The insurance agent may even try to get you to make a statement that could hurt your claim, so it’s best to let your attorney do all the negotiating.
Your attorney will review the medical records and consult with medical experts to determine the true cost of the victim’s injuries. A dog bite often requires extensive treatment, and the total cost of your injuries may include:
- Current and future medical expenses
- Ambulance transport
- Emergency room care
- Time missed from work
- Pain and suffering
- Rabies shots
- Plastic surgery
Nobody wants their loved ones to suffer the fear and pain that comes with a dog attack. It’s a good idea to talk to your children about how to behave around dogs. Steps you can take to help prevent dog bites include:
- Never leave children unattended around a dog.
- Don’t interrupt a dog while it’s sleeping or eating.
- Never pet a strange dog.
- Don’t try to force a toy away from a dog.
- Don’t run away from an aggressive dog.
- Don’t get between dogs that are fighting.
- Don’t ever tease a dog.
- If you see a strange dog in your neighborhood, report it to the humane society.
It’s going to take a long time for the victim of a dog bite to feel completely safe again. At Bottlinger Law, L.L.C., we help you get the money you need to put your life back together.
Jason Bottlinger was named as one of the top personal injury attorneys in Omaha by Expertise.com. You won’t owe us anything if we don’t win your case. Call (402) 505-8234 to learn more today.
Our legal team is ready to help. Please fill out the form below to set up a free consultation with the Bottlinger Law team.
Recent Case Results
$1.8 Million Settlement
Nursing Home Abuse
$1.4 Million Settlement
Agricultural Estate Dispute Between Family Members
Non-Surgical Soft Tissue Injury, Pedestrian-motor Vehicle Collision
Rear End Collision, Soft Tissue Injuries (Council Bluffs, Iowa)
Bennington Personal Injury Services
- Bennington Personal Injury Overview
- Bennington Amazon Accident
- Bennington Amputation
- Bennington Back and Neck Injury
- Bennington Bicycle Accident
- Bennington Burn Injury
- Bennington Bus and Van Accident
- Bennington Car Accident
- Bennington Child Injury
- Bennington Dog Bite
- Bennington Drunk Driver Accident
- Bennington Motorcycle Accident
- Bennington Nursing Home Abuse
- Bennington Orthopedic Injury
- Bennington Pedestrian Accident
- Bennington Premises Liability
- Bennington Product Liability
- Bennington Reckless Driving Accident