Commercial Litigation Attorney in Omaha, NE
Many people have spent years building businesses up from nothing. Our Omaha law firm offers commercial litigation services covering a wide range of areas including contract law, business acquisitions, bankruptcy, and more. Contact an Omaha commercial litigation attorney today at Bottlinger Law L.L.C. at (402) 505-8234 to set up a free consultation or ask any questions about our commercial dispute services.
We can help with many different kinds of financial litigation and situations, depending on your specific needs. In general, some of the services we provide include help with:
- Banking and Financing: There are many laws in place that regulate how banks and financiers do business with other commercial interests. Any bank, or companies working with banks, must have someone who understands these regulations to ensure laws are not violated. This not only helps prevent severe fines that can cost your business a great deal of money, but can also avoid potential criminal charges.
- Bankruptcy: No business wants to consider bankruptcy, but sometimes it is the only way to save a company and rebuild. Following the proper steps during a bankruptcy will make sure there are no issues down the road. A good attorney by your side can mean the difference between total liquidation and getting on the road to financial solvency.
- Debtor-Creditor Disputes: Dealing with other businesses you owe money to, or those that owe money to you, can be very stressful. Over time, the only way to resolve these types of disputes might be through litigation or arbitration. An experienced lawyer can help protect your assets and fight to make sure you get as much of what you are owed as possible.
At Bottlinger Law L.L.C., we can also help you with other business matters that are less directly tied to your finances. We often find that these situations are as varied as the businesses we work with, though some general issues are more common than others. Business litigation we can help you with includes:
- Business Acquisition: Acquiring a new company, or the assets of a failed business, can be a major expansion for your business. Doing it properly is vital to ensure your company grows in a way that does not open you up to lawsuits or debts you did not know about before the acquisition.
- Contract Law: Contracts are the lifeblood of business. They keep things running smoothly and ensure everyone knows what is expected of them. Every word and detail in a contract can be extremely important, so do not rely on boilerplate forms off the Internet, or sign anything without a lawyer to represent you and your interests.
- Qui Tam Law: Whistleblowers at companies have been responsible for keeping many businesses honest, and punishing those that act against the well-being of the public and the government. We offer representation and legal assistance to employees who have grounds to file a qui tam lawsuit, an arduous and complicated process.
- Agricultural Law: Agriculture is big business. Farmers deserve all the same legal protection as other business owners, and we make sure your interests are served.
Yes, if you are running a business or frequently interacting with major financial institutions, you should have a lawyer to represent you and your interests. Commercial laws are complicated; the companies you interact with have lawyers to protect them, so should you. Even a fairly minor contract between two companies can have far-reaching repercussions over time. Lawyers also remove emotion from a dispute and ensure things are handled in a way that is legal and as fair as possible.
Protecting your financial future is the most important aspect of our commercial litigation services. Not only do we work hard to get the best possible settlement in any potential commercial dispute, we also strive to keep costs reasonable for you. You deserve an Omaha commercial litigation lawyer who is as passionate to represent and protect you as you are about your business and finances.
We are also available to represent employees in various types of legal matters. Contact Bottlinger Law L.L.C. at (402) 505-8234 to discuss your options and determine how we can best work for you.
- How To Recover Damages In a Business Interruption Claim
- The Current State of Business Interruption Laws in Nebraska
- How Do I Prove a Breach of Contract?
Our legal team is ready to help. Please fill out the form below to set up a free consultation with the Bottlinger Law team.
Membership in this group is restricted only to attorneys who have won multi-millions dollar verdicts for their clients.
Jason Bottlinger has been named one of the Top 40 Lawyers under the age of 40 in the state by The National Trial Lawyers organization.
Our firm has a perfect A+ from the Better Business Bureau of Nebraska, which grades based on 13 different factors.