Bennington Truck Accident Attorneys
Big Rig Trucks Are Dangerous
A fully loaded big rig truck weighs about 25 times more than a car. That’s why the impact can be so devastating when a truck crashes into a regular passenger vehicle. When a truck collides with a car, the people inside the car are a lot more likely to be hurt or killed than the truck driver.
Bennington Personal Injury Services
- Bennington Personal Injury Overview
- Bennington Bicycle Accident
- Bennington Car Accident
- Bennington Dog Bite
- Bennington Motorcycle Accident
- Bennington Nursing Home Abuse
- Bennington Pedestrian Accident
- Bennington Premises Liability
- Bennington Product Liability
- Bennington Traumatic Brain Injury
- Bennington Truck Accident
- Bennington Uninsured Motorist Claims
- Bennington Wrongful Death
Jason Bottlinger, our founding attorney, has collected large settlements from trucking companies for accidents caused by negligent drivers. In fact, he has earned membership in the Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forum, which is open to lawyers who have gotten high-value settlements and verdicts for their clients.
If you or someone you love has been injured due to the careless actions of a big rig trucker, call Bottlinger Law L.L.C. today for a FREE consultation (402) 505-8234.
Truck Collisions in Bennington
Accidents that involve trucks are different than regular car accidents. For one thing, trucking companies and their insurance companies are very reluctant to pay claims that will cover the true cost of your injuries.
Trucks are common on the highways and interstates near Bennington, Nebraska, including Interstate 68, Interstate 80, Highway 31, and Highway 30.
If you were injured by a truck on the highway, you will want to find an experienced truck accident lawyer to represent you. After an accident involving a truck, the insurance company will often send a team of investigators to the scene. These people don’t play fair. They may even try to suppress evidence of wrongdoing by a trucker or attempt to get the victim to make statements that could hurt your claim.
A Truck Accident Lawyer Can Help
The insurance companies try to pay out as little as possible in claims. That’s why you’ll want to talk to an attorney right away after an accident. Your Bennington injury attorney will investigate the accident by reviewing the following types of information:
- Police reports
- Witness testimony
- Medical records
- Photographs and videos
- Accident scene recreations
- Expert medical witnesses
As part of the investigation, your attorney will calculate the true cost of your injuries and other expenses caused by the wreck. This may include:
- Emergency room treatment
- Ambulance transport
- Doctor’s office visits
- Lost wages
- Reduced earning potential
- Rehabilitation and physical therapy
- Pain and suffering
What Causes Truck Accidents
Your truck accident lawyer will build an argument to prove that the truck driver’s negligent behavior caused your injuries. There are several types of common accidents that result from careless truck driver actions, including:
- Drowsy driving. Because a truck takes a lot longer to stop than car, truck drivers must always be alert and pay attention to the road ahead of them. Even a momentary lapse in concentration can have devastating consequences for people traveling in another vehicle. That’s why the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) has strict hours of service rules to prevent truck drivers from logging too many hours. Sometimes greedy trucking firms encourage their drivers to violate these rules to meet their quotas. Your truck accident lawyer knows how to access a driver’s electronic records to see if a violation has occurred.
- Jackknife accidents are usually caused by incompetent or inexperienced drivers who hit the brakes too hard when the traffic stops ahead of them. Jackknifes can also happen when a driver attempts to make an unsafe maneuver. When a truck jackknifes, the cab and the trailers extend across the highway in the shape of an open pocketknife. This may cause a pileup accident where several drivers and their passengers are injured. The best way to prevent jackknife accidents is to hire experienced drivers with good safety records and monitor their driving closely.
- Overloaded trucks are a major cause of highway crashes. When a truck is too heavy, it takes longer to stop. And when an overloaded truck collides with a car, the injuries can be severe. Truck cargoes that aren’t properly secured make the truck more difficult to handle. And debris from overloaded trucks can fall off onto the road, creating a hazard for other drivers.
- Runaway trailers. Speeding, sudden turns, wet and slippery road conditions, brake failure, tire blowouts, and shifting cargo can all result in runaway trucks. Seeing an uncontrolled truck trailer coming towards you on the freeway is a truly terrifying scenario that can lead to catastrophic injuries.
We’re on Your Side
You shouldn’t have to pay for injuries caused by someone else’s careless behavior. That’s why our team at Bottlinger Law L.L.C. fights to get you the money you need to cover the cost of your injuries and other expenses caused by the collision.
Give us a call today at (402) 505-8234 to learn more today. We work on a contingency-fee basis. You don’t pay unless we win your case.
Our legal team is ready to help. Please fill out the form below to set up a free consultation with the Bottlinger Law team.
$1.8 Million Settlement
Nursing Home Abuse
$1.4 Million Settlement
Agricultural Estate Dispute Between Family Members
Non-Surgical Soft Tissue Injury, Pedestrian-motor Vehicle Collision
Rear End Collision, Soft Tissue Injuries (Council Bluffs, Iowa)