Omaha Medical Malpractice Attorneys
From a young age, we are taught to trust medical professionals with our health. We are told they can fix everything that ails us. We are confident they will make us feel better and heal us when we are hurt. Unfortunately, there are times when healthcare professionals are negligent and cause serious harm.
Medical Malpractice Services
Bottlinger Law L.L.C. provides compassionate legal assistance to those victims. We will go to work to get compensation for your medical care costs, your lost wages, and your pain and suffering. Call (402) 505-8234 to set up a free consultation with an Omaha personal injury lawyer today.
Medical malpractice occurs when a licensed medical professional causes harm to a patient due to a negligent act or lack of required action. Another competent professional in the same situation wouldn’t have taken the same action.
Negligence can occur during diagnosis, treatment, or aftercare. Here are some examples of medical malpractice that may be grounds for a lawsuit:
- Unnecessary surgery
- Failure to diagnose
- Labor and delivery errors
- Surgical error
- Wrong medication or dosage
- Poor follow-up care
- Failure to order tests
People who may be liable for medical malpractice are: doctors, physician assistants, nurses, nurse practitioners, anesthesiologists, and more. Sometimes a hospital can be held responsible for bad decisions or administrative errors that harmed patients, such as a patient mix-up.
Medical malpractice may result in paralysis, brain injury, loss of a limb, or even death. Injuries sustained due to malpractice often need a lifetime of medical care.
When you are already facing expensive medical bills and physical pain because of medical negligence, the last thing you want to worry about is dealing with an aggressive hospital insurance company that will do everything it can to fight your claim.
If you or a loved one experience medical negligence or pediatric medical malpractice, having an Omaha injury attorney to stand up for your rights is absolutely essential. Medical insurance companies are powerful and well-organized. You need an experienced attorney on your side who can read medical records, talk to doctors, and level the playing field.
Not every injury sustained in a hospital can be considered medical malpractice, and not every instance of medical malpractice is worth pursuing. For example, a breach in the standard of care is bad, but if it doesn’t result in an injury, there is no case. Likewise, not all injuries or illnesses are caused by a physician’s negligence.
For medical malpractice claim to be viable, these three characteristics must be present:
- There was a standard of care violation: There are recognized standards of assessment and treatment in the medical field. In similar circumstances, the type of care provided by a competent healthcare professional should be the same. If a doctor breaches that standard of care, it is likely negligence.
- The patient’s injury was cause by negligence: Negligence on its own is not enough for a medical malpractice claim. The patient must have suffered physical or mental injury due to the negligence. For example, a wrong diagnosis of cancer can cause anguish to an entire family and lead the family to make costly decisions based on the error.
- The injury caused damages: The patient must have incurred monetary costs because of the injury. A significant injury may cause disability, loss of income, pain and suffering, and high medical bills to treat.
Medical malpractice lawsuits are not easy and can be quite expensive, since they require testimony from medical experts. But Bottlinger Law L.L.C. understands the intricacies of medical malpractice claims and works with a team of professionals to prove your case, whether you suffered from anesthesia complications, birth injuries, or other serious injuries. From examining medical records to battling with insurance companies, we have the experience to help you through this process and make sure you receive fair compensation for the pain you have endured. Call (402) 505-8234 to discuss your case in a free consultation.
- Jason Bottlinger Talks Medical Malpractice
- How Prescription Errors Can Strike Anywhere
- Blowing the Whistle on Medicaid Fraud Can Save Lives!
- Battling the Opioid Epidemic in Nebraska
Our legal team is ready to help. Please fill out the form below to set up a free consultation with attorney Jason Bottlinger.
Membership in this group is restricted only to attorneys who have won multi-millions dollar verdicts for their clients.
Jason Bottlinger has been named one of the Top 40 Lawyers under the age of 40 in the state by The National Trial Lawyers organization.
Our firm has a perfect A+ from the Better Business Bureau of Nebraska, which grades based on 13 different factors.see all accolades