Papillion and La Vista Bus and Van Accident Lawyers
Papillion-La Vista has 22 community schools and nearly 12,000 students. In addition to school buses transporting children, metro buses run throughout the greater Omaha metro area, including La Vista and Papillion. Private tour buses and delivery vans contribute to the number of buses and vans on the road.
If you have been injured in a van or bus accident, contact Bottlinger Law L.L.C. at (402) 505-8234 to schedule a free consultation with an experienced Papillion-La Vista bus and van accident attorney. You may be entitled to compensation for your injuries.
Like all traffic crashes, bus and van accidents have many contributing factors. Large, heavy buses and vans are more difficult to operate and cause greater impact in a collision. When bus and van drivers fail to operate their large vehicles correctly, it can cause serious injuries.
Both large vans and buses are longer, taller, and have larger blind spots than passenger vehicles. Deadly collisions can occur when drivers fail to signal, carefully check their blind spots, and ensure adjacent lanes are clear before merging into traffic or changing lanes.
Large, fifteen-passenger vans have higher centers of gravity and are more prone to roll over than other vehicles. The risk of a rollover increases with the number of passengers. These vans are also prone to tire blowouts because seating configurations put excess weight on the left rear tires.
Many bus and van accidents are caused by driver error. Common causes of crashes include:
- Following too closely
- Unsafe lane changes
- Failure to yield the right of way
- Distracted driving
- Impaired driving
- Fatigued driving
Nebraska is an at-fault state. The party at fault for a traffic crash may be held liable for resulting injuries. An experienced Papillion-La Vista personal injury lawyer will investigate your accident to determine fault and liability.
When pursuing compensation for your injuries, responsibility and liability are determined by several dependable factors, including the following:
- In a public bus collision, the liable party will be a government agency, such as the city, county, or state. To recover compensation, you must file a government tort claim with the appropriate entity, with special procedures and time limits.
- If a private bus is involved in the crash, the liable party will be a private company with a commercial auto insurance policy. These policies can provide greater compensation than standard auto insurance policies.
- In the case of a van accident, the at-fault driver may be liable if the van is privately owned. On the other hand, if it is a company-owned van and the driver is an employee who causes a wreck on the clock, the company may be held “vicariously liable” for resulting injuries.
- Bus companies may be held liable for an accident by hiring unqualified drivers, failing to train drivers properly, failing to maintain their vehicles, pressuring drivers to spend too many hours behind the wheel, or failing to enforce rules against distracted, impaired, or fatigued driving.
- Not all bus and van accidents are the fault of their drivers. If another driver’s negligence caused a bus or van crash, you may be entitled to file a claim with the at-fault driver’s insurance company.
At Bottlinger Law L.L.C., we understand the severity of bus and van wrecks and the toll these collision injuries can have on you and your future.
If you have been injured in a bus or van accident, call our Papillion-La Vista office at (402) 505-8234 to schedule a free initial consultation. We’re dedicated to providing compassionate and skilled legal guidance and will work tirelessly to ensure you receive the compensation you deserve.
Our legal team is ready to help. Please fill out the form below to set up a free consultation with the Bottlinger Law team.
Recent Case Results
$1.8 Million Settlement
Nursing Home Abuse
$1.4 Million Settlement
Agricultural Estate Dispute Between Family Members
Non-Surgical Soft Tissue Injury, Pedestrian-motor Vehicle Collision
Rear End Collision, Soft Tissue Injuries (Council Bluffs, Iowa)
Papillion and La Vista Personal Injury Services
- Papillion and La Vista Personal Injury Overview
- Papillion and La Vista Bicycle Accident
- Papillion and La Vista Bus and Van Accident
- Papillion and La Vista Car Accident
- Papillion and La Vista Child Injury
- Papillion and La Vista Dog Bite
- Papillion and La Vista Drunk Driver Accident
- Papillion and La Vista Motorcycle Accident
- Papillion and La Vista Nursing Home Abuse
- Papillion and La Vista Pedestrian Accident
- Papillion and La Vista Premises Liability
- Papillion and La Vista Product Liability
- Papillion and La Vista Slip and Fall