Papillion and La Vista Traumatic Brain Injury Lawyers
Every day in Papillion-La Vista, residents are injured in accidents caused by the negligence of others. When accidents cause traumatic brain injury (TBI), it can have life-altering consequences for victims. TBI is an injury that affects the function of the brain, caused by trauma rather than disease. If you or your loved one has suffered traumatic brain injury, speak with an experienced Papillion-La Vista traumatic brain injury attorney as soon as you are able.
Traumatic brain injury can occur in two different ways:
- Blunt TBI: Caused by a violent blow or jolt to the head or body, blunt TBI is also known as closed head injury or non-penetrating TBI.
- Penetrating TBI: This type of traumatic brain injury is caused by a bullet, bone fragment, or other object that penetrates the skull and enters the brain tissue. Penetrating TBI is also called open TBI.
Many different types of accidents can cause trauma to the head and brain. Common causes of TBI include:
- Truck accidents: A collision with a semi-truck can be catastrophic for others on the roadway. Truck accidents can cause catastrophic injuries, including traumatic brain injury.
- Car accidents: The force of an auto collision can cause an occupant’s head to be jolted or slammed into the vehicle’s interior. Flying shards of glass or metal can penetrate the skull and enter the brain tissue.
- Motorcycle accidents: Motorcycle collisions can cause traumatic brain injury when riders are ejected from the bike, hitting their heads on objects or the ground.
- Bicycle accidents: TBI is common among cyclists. The U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission is encouraging consumers to wear helmets for cycling and other sports to reduce the risk of traumatic brain injuries, although no helmet has been proven to prevent concussions.
- Pedestrian accidents: An unprotected pedestrian stands no chance against a 4,000 pound passenger vehicle. Collisions between cars and pedestrians can cause a range of severe, catastrophic, and fatal injuries, including TBI.
- Slip and fall accidents. Falls are the leading cause of traumatic brain injury. Slip and fall accidents can happen when dangerous conditions exist on a premises and negligent property owners fail to correct them.
- Wrongful death: Severe traumatic brain injury can be fatal. If you have lost a loved one because of someone else’s negligence, your family may be entitled to hold responsible parties accountable in a wrongful death claim.
The effects of mild TBI are usually temporary. Severe TBI, on the other hand, can cause long-term or permanent damage. Complications of traumatic brain injury can be serious. They may include:
- Coma, vegetative state, minimally conscious state, or brain death
- Brain infections
- Blood vessel damage that could lead to blood clots or stroke
- Hearing loss or ringing in the ear
- Difficulty swallowing
- Double vision or vision loss
- Problems with memory, learning, reasoning, judgment, concentration, problem-solving, multitasking, decision-making, planning, and beginning or completing tasks
- Difficulty speaking or writing and understanding speech or writing
- Behavioral and emotional changes
- Impaired hand-eye coordination
- Trouble with balance or dizziness
Traumatic brain injury can have serious consequences for victims and their families. If your TBI was someone else’s fault, you may be entitled to seek compensation from the responsible party. Damages you may be entitled to claim may include lost income, past and future medical expenses, loss of future earning potential, pain and suffering, and emotional trauma. Contact Bottlinger Law L.L.C. at (402) 505-8234 to get an experienced Papillion-La Vista traumatic personal injury lawyer on your side.
Our legal team is ready to help. Please fill out the form below to set up a free consultation with the Bottlinger Law team.
Recent Case Results
$1.8 Million Settlement
Nursing Home Abuse
$1.4 Million Settlement
Agricultural Estate Dispute Between Family Members
Non-Surgical Soft Tissue Injury, Pedestrian-motor Vehicle Collision
Rear End Collision, Soft Tissue Injuries (Council Bluffs, Iowa)
Papillion and La Vista Personal Injury Services
- Papillion and La Vista Personal Injury Overview
- Papillion and La Vista Amazon Delivery Accident
- Papillion and La Vista Amputation
- Papillion and La Vista Bicycle Accident
- Papillion and La Vista Burn Injury
- Papillion and La Vista Bus and Van Accident
- Papillion and La Vista Car Accident
- Papillion and La Vista Child Injury
- Papillion and La Vista Dog Bite
- Papillion and La Vista Drunk Driver Accident
- Papillion and La Vista Motorcycle Accident
- Papillion and La Vista Nursing Home Abuse
- Papillion and La Vista Orthopedic Injury
- Papillion and La Vista Pedestrian Accident
- Papillion and La Vista Premises Liability
- Papillion and La Vista Product Liability
- Papillion and La Vista Slip and Fall