Papillion and La Vista Reckless Driving Accident Lawyers
Reckless driving is not only a civil matter; in many instances, it can lead to criminal charges. At Bottlinger Law L.L.C., we understand that accidents happen, but when they result from someone dangerously taking to the road without regard for the safety of others, accountability must follow. Our commitment to seeking justice is rooted in strong Midwestern values, and we are here to guide you through the legal process if you’ve suffered injuries due to reckless driving.
Whether you seek information about your rights or need assistance navigating the complexities of a reckless driving case, Bottlinger Law L.L.C. is here to help. For over a decade, our experienced team of legal professionals has been dedicated to supporting injury victims in the pursuit of justice. Your well-being is our top priority, and we’ll fight tirelessly to ensure you receive the recovery you deserve.
Call a Papillion-La Vista car accident attorney at (402) 505-8234 for a free consultation to discuss your case.
Nebraska Revised Statute 60-6,213 provides that “any person who drives any motor vehicle in such a manner as to indicate an indifferent or wanton disregard for the safety of persons or property shall be guilty of reckless driving.”
This means that if someone operates a motor vehicle in a way that shows a complete disregard for the safety of people or property, they can be charged with reckless driving. This includes behaviors that go beyond simple negligence and indicate a more serious and willful indifference to the potential harm they might cause. These may include:
- Aggressive driving: Engaging in aggressive behaviors such as tailgating, weaving in and out of traffic, cutting off other drivers, or other actions that jeopardize road safety.
- Ignoring traffic signals: Disregarding red lights, stop signs, and other traffic signals is meant to regulate the flow of traffic and prevent accidents.
- Reckless overtaking: Passing other vehicles in situations where it is unsafe, such as around curves, in no-passing zones, or in areas with limited visibility.
- Evading law enforcement: Attempting to flee from law enforcement or refusing to pull over when signaled by police, which not only endangers the driver but also poses a risk to other road users.
- Driving under the influence (DUI): Operating a vehicle under the influence of alcohol or drugs, indicating a disregard for the safety of oneself and others on the road.
- Racing on public roads: Engaging in unauthorized and illegal racing on public streets poses a significant danger to participants and bystanders.
Importantly, reckless driving charges or convictions can have significant implications on civil suits for damages. The outcome of criminal proceedings, such as when a driver is acquitted, pleads guilty, or is convicted of reckless driving, can influence a civil case. The burden of proof in criminal cases is higher than in civil cases, but the results can be used as evidence in a civil matter.
Victims of reckless driving can suffer a range of health and financial consequences, often with long-lasting and significant impacts on their lives. Some common consequences include:
- Physical injuries: Reckless driving accidents can result in a variety of physical injuries, ranging from minor cuts and bruises to severe injuries such as fractures, spinal injuries, traumatic brain injuries (TBIs), and internal organ damage.
- Emotional trauma: The emotional toll of a reckless driving accident can be substantial. Victims may experience anxiety, depression, post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD), and other mental health issues because of the trauma they endured.
- Pain and suffering: Physical injuries and emotional trauma can lead to significant pain and suffering for victims. Chronic pain, discomfort, and mental anguish are common consequences.
- Lost income: Many victims are unable to work for a period or may face a permanent loss of earning capacity due to their injuries. This can result in lost wages and financial instability.
- Insurance premium increases: If the victim files an insurance claim, their insurance premiums may increase, especially if they are deemed partially or entirely at fault for the accident.
- Legal expenses: Pursuing a legal case against the at-fault party may involve legal fees and other expenses. While personal injury attorneys often work on a contingency fee basis, there may still be associated costs.
- Rehabilitation costs: Rehabilitation and physical therapy may be necessary for victims to recover from their injuries fully. These services come with additional costs that can contribute to the overall financial burden.
In a personal injury case, most of these consequences will be available as damages you may be eligible to claim compensation for. Your Papillion-La Vista personal injury lawyer will calculate the full extent of your damages—past, present, and future—and pursue maximum compensation on your behalf.
If you’ve been involved in a Papillion-La Vista reckless driving accident and are seeking a legal solution, you don’t have to face the process alone. Take the best course of action and reach out to Bottlinger Law L.L.C. Our Papillion-La Vista legal team is here to protect your rights, pursue maximum compensation, and fight for the justice you deserve.
Your initial consultation is free—we’ll tell you if you have a case and the damages you may be entitled to claim. Call (402) 505-8234 today to learn more.
Our legal team is ready to help. Please fill out the form below to set up a free consultation with the Bottlinger Law team.
Recent Case Results
$1.8 Million Settlement
Nursing Home Abuse
$1.4 Million Settlement
Agricultural Estate Dispute Between Family Members
Non-Surgical Soft Tissue Injury, Pedestrian-motor Vehicle Collision
Rear End Collision, Soft Tissue Injuries (Council Bluffs, Iowa)
Papillion and La Vista Personal Injury Services
- Papillion and La Vista Personal Injury Overview
- Papillion and La Vista Amazon Delivery Accident
- Papillion and La Vista Amputation
- Papillion and La Vista Bicycle Accident
- Papillion and La Vista Burn Injury
- Papillion and La Vista Bus and Van Accident
- Papillion and La Vista Car Accident
- Papillion and La Vista Child Injury
- Papillion and La Vista Dog Bite
- Papillion and La Vista Drunk Driver Accident
- Papillion and La Vista Motorcycle Accident
- Papillion and La Vista Nursing Home Abuse
- Papillion and La Vista Orthopedic Injury
- Papillion and La Vista Pedestrian Accident
- Papillion and La Vista Premises Liability
- Papillion and La Vista Product Liability
- Papillion and La Vista Reckless Driving Accident
- Papillion and La Vista Slip and Fall