Papillion and La Vista Premises Liability Lawyers
Papillion and La Vista are only three miles apart, located in the greater Omaha metro area. Together, they offer access to outdoor recreation, combined with the luxuries of a big city. Papillion was named after the creek that flows through its center. Incorporated in 1960, La Vista is one of the fastest growing cities in Nebraska.
Slip or trip and fall accidents and other injuries can happen in Papillion-La Vista when property owners allow hazardous conditions to exist on their premises. If you have been hurt because of a dangerous condition on someone else’s property, speak with an experienced Papillion-La Vista personal injury lawyer as soon as possible. You may have a premises liability claim for compensation.
Slip and trip and fall accidents in Papillion-La Vista can happen in different ways. Common causes include:
- Tripping hazards: Visitors to a commercial establishment or a residential property can trip and fall when hazards exist, such as broken or uneven sidewalks, potholes in parking lots, uneven flooring, loose floorboards, torn or wrinkled carpet, loose mats or rugs, and debris in walkways.
- Slippery floors: The floors in a building can become slippery from spilled food, drinks, or products; water leaks or overflowing toilets; oil that was not cleaned up; and recent mopping or waxing.
- Ice and snow: During the winter months, snow and ice can be a slipping hazard in Nebraska when property owners fail to clear it away and salt walkways. Visitors can also slip on tracked-in snow and ice that melts in entrances and foyers.
- Elevators: Property owners have a duty to properly maintain elevators for the safety of visitors. A malfunctioning elevator that does not align with the floor level can cause trip and fall accidents. An elevator that plummets down rapidly or stops with a jolt can cause occupants to lose their balance and fall.
- Defective stairways: Falls in Papillion-La Vista stairways can be caused by broken or missing handrails, broken or tilted stair steps, uneven stair heights, debris in the stairway, poor lighting, torn carpeting, or slippery treads.
Slip and trip and fall accidents can cause a range of serious or even fatal injuries. The fall death for people ages 65 and older is 64 deaths per 100,000 older adults, as stated by CDC. Some of the most common injuries include:
- Fractured hip: More than 95% of hip fractures are caused by falling, according to the CDC.
- Traumatic brain injury: Falls are the most common cause of traumatic brain injury.
- Hand, wrist, shoulder, neck, and back injuries: When a person is falling forward, it is a natural reaction to throw out the arms to break the fall. Unfortunately, this can result in serious injuries, including hand and wrist fractures and soft tissue damage to the shoulders, neck, and upper back.
- Facial injuries: Forward falls are sometimes called “face planting” for a reason. The impact of the fall can fracture the nose or facial bones, break, or knock out teeth, injure the eyes, and cause severe facial lacerations.
If your injuries were caused by property owner negligence, you may be entitled to recover compensation in a premises liability claim. Your damages may include past and future medical expenses, lost earnings, pain and suffering, and other losses.
Call Bottlinger Law L.L.C. at (402) 505-8234 to schedule a free consultation. Our Papillion-La Vista slip and fall attorney can tell you if you have a case and what damages you may be entitled to claim.
Our legal team is ready to help. Please fill out the form below to set up a free consultation with the Bottlinger Law team.
Recent Case Results
$1.8 Million Settlement
Nursing Home Abuse
$1.4 Million Settlement
Agricultural Estate Dispute Between Family Members
Non-Surgical Soft Tissue Injury, Pedestrian-motor Vehicle Collision
Rear End Collision, Soft Tissue Injuries (Council Bluffs, Iowa)
Papillion and La Vista Personal Injury Services
- Papillion and La Vista Personal Injury Overview
- Papillion and La Vista Amazon Delivery Accident
- Papillion and La Vista Amputation
- Papillion and La Vista Bicycle Accident
- Papillion and La Vista Burn Injury
- Papillion and La Vista Bus and Van Accident
- Papillion and La Vista Car Accident
- Papillion and La Vista Child Injury
- Papillion and La Vista Dog Bite
- Papillion and La Vista Drunk Driver Accident
- Papillion and La Vista Motorcycle Accident
- Papillion and La Vista Nursing Home Abuse
- Papillion and La Vista Orthopedic Injury
- Papillion and La Vista Pedestrian Accident
- Papillion and La Vista Premises Liability
- Papillion and La Vista Product Liability
- Papillion and La Vista Slip and Fall