Bellevue Premises Liability Lawyer
Advocating for Bellevue Injury Victims
The city of Bellevue, Nebraska is located approximately 13 miles from Omaha. It began as a fur trading post built in 1822 and was incorporated in 1855. As the oldest continuous town in the state, Bellevue is known as the birthplace of Nebraska. Its historical sites include the First Presbyterian Church built in approximately 1856 to 1858, which is thought to be the state’s oldest existing religious building.
Bellevue has many attractions and activities to offer residents and visitors. Injuries can occur when property owners fail to exercise reasonable care to correct hazards existing on their property, particularly slip or trip and fall hazards. If you have been hurt because of a property owner’s negligence, speak with an experienced Bellevue premises liability lawyer about a claim for compensation against the responsible party.
What Is a Premises Liability Claim?
Nebraska property owners have a legal duty to maintain their property reasonably free from hazards that could cause harm to visitors. This rule applies to commercial properties, such as restaurants, hotels, and retail stores, as well as to private residences. When a property owner knew or should have known of a dangerous condition existing on the property and failed to take action to correct it, a person injured as a result may have a claim for compensation against the property owner. This is known as a premises liability claim.
What Are the Causes of Slip and Fall Accidents?
A premises liability claim can arise from a slip or trip and fall on someone else’s property. Hazards that can cause this type of accident include:
- Faulty stairways: Falls can occur in stairways with missing or broken handrails, poor lighting, tilted or broken steps, uneven stair heights, torn or wrinkled carpeting, slippery treads, or debris on the stairs.
- Slick floors: Floors can become slippery for a number or reasons, including spills, water leaks, overflowing toilets, or recent mopping or waxing.
- Tripping hazards: Trip and falls can be caused by uneven or broken sidewalks, potholes, debris in walkways, torn or wrinkled carpets, uneven floor heights, extension cords, and other obstacles on a property.
- Elevators: Building elevators must be regularly inspected and properly maintained and repaired. Occupants can trip when an elevator does not align with the floor level or fall when it descends too rapidly and stops with a jolt.
- Snow and ice: An accumulation of snow and ice in parking lots or walkways can cause visitors to slip and fall. When tracked into entrances and foyers, it can make indoor floors slippery and hazardous.
What are the Most Common Injuries Suffered in Slip and Fall Accidents?
Slip or trip and fall accidents are no laughing matter. One out of five falls causes serious injury, as stated by CDC. Every year in the U.S., 800,000 people are hospitalized with injuries sustained in a fall, most commonly head injuries, or hip fractures. Over 95% of hip fractures are caused by falling, usually sideways. Falls are the leading cause of traumatic brain injury. Facial, spinal, wrist, elbow, and shoulder injuries are also common with falls.
What Forms of Compensation Are Available?
After a serious fall caused by a hazard on someone else’s property, you have a right to seek compensation for your injuries. Your damages may include medical expenses, lost wages, loss of future earning potential, pain and suffering, and other losses.
Our Bellevue personal injury attorney at Bottlinger Law L.L.C. can assess the full extent of your damages and vigorously pursue the compensation you deserve. We have recovered millions for our injured clients. Call us today at (402) 505-8234 to schedule a free consultation.
Our legal team is ready to help. Please fill out the form below to set up a free consultation with the Bottlinger Law team.
Recent Case Results
$1.8 Million Settlement
Nursing Home Abuse
$1.4 Million Settlement
Agricultural Estate Dispute Between Family Members
Non-Surgical Soft Tissue Injury, Pedestrian-motor Vehicle Collision
Rear End Collision, Soft Tissue Injuries (Council Bluffs, Iowa)
Bellevue Personal Injury Services
- Bellevue Personal Injury Overview
- Bellevue Bicycle Accident
- Bellevue Car Accident
- Bellevue Child Injury
- Bellevue Dog Bite
- Bellevue Motorcycle Accident
- Bellevue Nursing Home Abuse
- Bellevue Pedestrian Accident
- Bellevue Premises Liability
- Bellevue Product Liability
- Bellevue Spinal Cord Injury