Bellevue Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist Accident Lawyers
Getting involved in a car accident leaves you with many concerns, especially if you have sustained injuries. If your case involves an underinsured/uninsured motorist, your concerns become more heightened. Bellevue is home to some of Nebraska's busiest roads. Nebraska Highway 370 and U.S. 75 cut through Bellevue with their extensive traffic. The presence of major highways and busy roads has increased accident rates in and around the Bellevue area.
If you have been injured in an accident involving an uninsured/underinsured motorist in Bellevue, call Bottlinger Law L.L.C. today. We have an experienced team of attorneys and the resources required to handle the complex nature of cases involving underinsured and uninsured motorist claims. Whether the party at fault is underinsured or uninsured, we will not let it prevent you from pursuing the compensation you deserve. Call (402) 505-8234 to schedule an appointment.
Most insurance companies in Nebraska offer addendums that motorists can retain to protect them in accidents involving an underinsured or uninsured driver. An uninsured driver is one who doesn't have any liability coverage. On the other hand, an underinsured motorist is one whose insurance policy limits cannot cover the damages suffered by the victim in the collision. An underinsured motorist policy provides additional coverage that supplements the at-fault driver's insurance policy. This means that the at-fault party's insurance company will cover the victim's damages up to the policy's limits. Once the limit is reached, the victim's underinsured motorist policy will cover the excessive amount up to the limit afforded in their insurance policy.
There are several circumstances under which uninsured motorist coverage comes into play. Some of them include the following:
- If you are hit by a driver who lacks car insurance at all.
- If you are involved in a hit-and-run accident, whether as a pedestrian, in your car, or cycling.
- Suppose you sustain injuries inflicted by a driver who has a small amount of insurance coverage that is not enough to cover damages. In that case, you can collect part of the amount from their insurance company and then collect the remainder from your own insurance policy.
While you can file a claim against your own insurance company, the process is as frustrating as dealing with another party's insurance company. The fact that you want your insurance company to pay for the damages you have suffered makes them reluctant to accept. This is the case even though you pay for these policies, and they are covered under them.
Insurance companies give several reasons as to why they can't accept your claim. Some of them include the following:
- You did not follow the right procedure when filling out your claim
- The medical treatment you received was not necessary or reasonable
- The injuries you sustained were not caused by the motor vehicle accident
When it comes to underinsured or uninsured motorist accident claims, it is vital to understand the value of your case. Our skilled and experienced Bellevue car accident attorneys at Bottlinger Law L.L.C. are ready to assist and answer any questions you might have regarding your case. If you have been injured in an accident caused by an underinsured or uninsured motorist, contact us today by dialing (402) 505-8234.
Our legal team is ready to help. Please fill out the form below to set up a free consultation with the Bottlinger Law team.
Recent Case Results
$1.8 Million Settlement
Nursing Home Abuse
$1.4 Million Settlement
Agricultural Estate Dispute Between Family Members
Non-Surgical Soft Tissue Injury, Pedestrian-motor Vehicle Collision
Rear End Collision, Soft Tissue Injuries (Council Bluffs, Iowa)
Bellevue Personal Injury Services
- Bellevue Personal Injury Overview
- Bellevue Amazon Accident
- Bellevue Amputation
- Bellevue Bicycle Accident
- Bellevue Burn Injury
- Bellevue Bus and Van Accident
- Bellevue Car Accident
- Bellevue Child Injury
- Bellevue Dog Bite
- Bellevue Drunk Driver Accident
- Bellevue Motorcycle Accident
- Bellevue Nursing Home Abuse
- Bellevue Orthopedic Injury
- Bellevue Pedestrian Accident
- Bellevue Premises Liability
- Bellevue Product Liability
- Bellevue Reckless Driving Accident
- Bellevue Slip and Fall