Bellevue Truck Accident Lawyers
If a truck hits your car, it’s going to do a lot of damage. A big rig truck weighs up to 80,000 pounds, and it takes a lot longer to stop than a regular passenger vehicle. When trucks crash into cars, it’s usually the car’s drivers and their passengers who suffer the most.
Bellevue Personal Injury Services
Because accidents involving trucks can cause so much harm, truck drivers must be alert at all times. They should also be well trained and know how to react in hazardous situations.
At Bottlinger Law L.L.C., we know how to take on the big trucking companies and win. In fact, our founding attorney Jason Bottlinger is a member of the Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forum, an association of successful litigators.
Call Bottlinger Law L.L.C. at (402) 505-8234 to learn more today.
Truck accidents are very complicated. Making matters worse, trucking firms and their insurance companies will do everything they can to prevent you from getting a fair settlement. Many trucks can be found traveling around Bellevue, Nebraska on Interstate 480, Interstate 29, and Interstate 680 as well as State Highways 6,75, and 64.
As soon as a collision occurs, the big insurance company will often dispatch a team of investigators who will harass witnesses and pressure them to make incriminating statements about the accident. That’s why the first person you want to talk to after your accident is an experienced truck accident lawyer.
When it comes time to deal with the insurance companies, your attorney can do all the talking. Your attorney will investigate the accident and file claims against anyone whose negligence caused your injuries. This may include:
- Truck drivers who make careless errors
- Managers who hire unsafe drivers
- Trucking companies that don’t service their trucks on a regular basis or encourage unsafe driving practices
- Manufacturers who make defective parts
Accidents involving trucks are likely to cause death or catastrophic injuries. After the accident, it may require several surgeries and a long period of rehabilitation for you to recover. Victims may even be permanently disabled by a truck accident.
Your Bellevue accident attorney will review your records and consult medical experts to calculate the full cost of your injuries, which may include:
- Emergency room care
- Ambulance rides
- Doctor’s office visits
- Physical therapy
- Pain and suffering
- Accommodations for disabilities
- Time missed from work
- Reduced earning capacity
- Pain and suffering
Your attorney’s investigation will determine the type of negligence that caused your injuries. Frequent types of truck accidents that we encounter in our cases include:
- Distracted driving is a major hazard for all types of drivers, especially with the increased use of cell phones and texting. And it only takes a moment of distraction for a truck driver to cause tremendous suffering. Eating, talking, daydreaming, and reaching for an item in their cab can all lead to deadly accidents.
- Jackknife accidents result when an inexperienced or unqualified driver panics and hits the brakes too hard, causing the truck to turn sideways and the trailer to extend across several lanes of the highway. A jackknife accident often creates a chain reaction as several vehicles crash into each other.
- Overloaded trucks take a lot longer to stop and they do more damage when they crash into regular passenger cars. Unsecured cargo may fall from an overloaded truck, causing accidents as other drivers swerve to avoid debris on the highway.
- Runaway trucks often result from poor maintenance such as underinflated tires and bad brakes. They can also be caused by shifting cargo and sudden turns made by the driver.
- Driving under the influence of alcohol and drugs increases the driver’s reaction time when traffic stops ahead of them. It also impairs the driver’s vision, concentration, and judgement, leading to deadly crashes.
If you or someone you love has been injured by the actions of a careless truck driver, you shouldn’t have to pay for your own medical care. At Bottlinger Law L.L.C, we’re on your side.
Give us a call today at (402) 505-8234 to learn more. We offer a FREE consultation, and you don’t owe us anything unless we win your case.
Our legal team is ready to help. Please fill out the form below to set up a free consultation with the Bottlinger Law team.
$1.8 Million Settlement
Nursing Home Abuse
$1.4 Million Settlement
Agricultural Estate Dispute Between Family Members
Non-Surgical Soft Tissue Injury, Pedestrian-motor Vehicle Collision
Rear End Collision, Soft Tissue Injuries (Council Bluffs, Iowa)