Bellevue Burn Injury Lawyer
Linked to Omaha by the Kennedy Freeway, Bellevue is only a 20-minute drive from downtown. Adjacent to Bellevue is Offutt Air Force Base, where the Martin bomber plant that manufactured planes to drop atomic bombs on Hiroshima and Nagasaki was housed during WWII. Radiation causes one type of burn injury, usually from prolonged exposure to ultraviolet rays. Other types of burns are thermal, chemical, and electrical. Severe burn injuries of any type may require extensive medical treatment and rehabilitation.
If you have suffered severe burns in an incident caused by another party’s negligence, it is in your best interests to speak with a Bellevue burn injury attorney as soon as possible. You may have a claim for compensation against the responsible party. At Bottlinger Law L.L.C., we are compassionate listeners and effective legal advocates. Founding attorney Jason Bottlinger has recovered millions of dollars for our clients.
Contact us at (402) 505-8234 to schedule a free consultation with no obligation.
Among burn victims admitted to burn centers, the cause of injury is fire and flames for 43%, scalding for 34%, contact with hot surfaces for 9%, electrical for 4%, chemical for 3%, and other for 7%, according to the American Burn Association (ABA). Incidents that can cause burn injuries include:
- Traffic crashes: When motor vehicles that run on gasoline collide, gas can spill and ignite, and vehicles can burst into flames. Car fires can cause occupants to suffer severe burns.
- Building fires: Faulty wiring or lighting equipment, defective appliances, and portable heaters are common causes of building fires. Residential fires took 2,745 lives in the U.S. in a recent year, as stated by ABA.
- Gas explosions: Natural gas, propane, butane, and methane are gases used for heating. Damaged gas lines, defective equipment, or improper installation of appliances can lead to gas explosions and severe burns.
- Defective product malfunction: Certain defective consumer products can lead to fires and burn injuries. These include batteries, battery-powered products, electric blankets, kitchen appliances, vaping devices, and portable heaters.
Burns are classified by degrees based on severity. While minor burns may not require professional medical treatment, severe burn injuries can be life-threatening, with long-term consequences for victims. The categories are:
- First-degree burns: Superficial (first-degree) burns affect only the outer layer of skin (epidermis). The site is red and painful with no blisters. First-degree burns typically heal on their own.
- Second-degree burns: Partial thickness (second-degree) burns affect both the epidermis and part of the deeper layer of skin (dermis). The site will appear red and blistered. It may be swollen and painful. If the injured area is small, second-degree burns can be treated at home with a prescription cream such as silver sulfadiazine.
- Third-degree burns: Full-thickness (third-degree) burns destroy the epidermis and the dermis. The burn site appears white or charred, and the victim has no feeling in the area as the nerve endings are destroyed. When damage extends to underlying muscles, tendons, and bones, it may be referred to as a fourth-degree burn.
Severe burns can be devastating, physically and emotionally. Victims may be left with scarring, disfigurement, loss of limb, loss of physical abilities, and recurrent infections. They may require extensive, specialized treatment in burn centers, which may include skin grafting, complex wound care, cosmetic reconstruction, physical therapy, and other therapies.
If you or your loved one has suffered a severe burn, reach out to an experienced Bellevue personal injury lawyer about recovering compensation for your injuries and losses. Your attorney can tell you if you have a case, determine liability, and calculate the full extent of your damages.
After a serious burn injury, don’t wait to speak to a knowledgeable Bellevue personal injury attorney. At Bottlinger Law L.L.C., we’ll listen to your concerns, explain your options under the law, and do everything legally possible to recover the compensation you deserve.
Founding attorney Jason Bottlinger has been named among the National Trial Lawyers Top 100, awarded membership in the Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forum, and is highly rated by Avvo.
Call us at (402) 505-8234 to arrange a complimentary consultation today.
Our legal team is ready to help. Please fill out the form below to set up a free consultation with the Bottlinger Law team.
Recent Case Results
$1.8 Million Settlement
Nursing Home Abuse
$1.4 Million Settlement
Agricultural Estate Dispute Between Family Members
Non-Surgical Soft Tissue Injury, Pedestrian-motor Vehicle Collision
Rear End Collision, Soft Tissue Injuries (Council Bluffs, Iowa)
Bellevue Personal Injury Services
- Bellevue Personal Injury Overview
- Bellevue Amazon Accident
- Bellevue Amputation
- Bellevue Bicycle Accident
- Bellevue Burn Injury
- Bellevue Bus and Van Accident
- Bellevue Car Accident
- Bellevue Child Injury
- Bellevue Dog Bite
- Bellevue Drunk Driver Accident
- Bellevue Motorcycle Accident
- Bellevue Nursing Home Abuse
- Bellevue Orthopedic Injury
- Bellevue Pedestrian Accident
- Bellevue Premises Liability
- Bellevue Product Liability
- Bellevue Slip and Fall