Bellevue Traumatic Brain Injury Attorneys
Legal Help for Bellevue Brain Injury Victims
Traumatic brain injury (TBI) is an injury that affects how the brain works. A violent blow or jolt to the head or body, or an object, such as a bullet, which travels through the brain tissue, can cause TBI. While mild traumatic brain injury may only have temporary effects, more severe TBI can cause long-term complications or death. If you or your loved one has suffered a brain injury in an accident that was someone else’s fault, consult with an experienced Bellevue traumatic brain injury attorney about a claim for compensation.
Bellevue Personal Injury Services
- Bellevue Personal Injury Overview
- Bellevue Bicycle Accident
- Bellevue Car Accident
- Bellevue Dog Bite
- Bellevue Motorcycle Accident
- Bellevue Nursing Home Abuse
- Bellevue Pedestrian Accident
- Bellevue Premises Liability
- Bellevue Product Liability
- Bellevue Traumatic Brain Injury
- Bellevue Truck Accident
- Bellevue Uninsured Motorist Claims
- Bellevue Wrongful Death
How Does Traumatic Brain Injury Happen in Bellevue?
TBI can be caused by a forceful blow, jolt, or bump to the head or body, or by an object that pierces the skull and enters the brain. Common causes of traumatic brain injury in Bellevue include:
- Motorcycle collisions: When a biker is thrown from the bike in a crash, the head can strike the pavement or an object nearby. When a passenger vehicle rear-ends a motorcycle, the bike can cartwheel and catapult the rider. Even when they are wearing helmets, motorcycle riders are more likely to suffer TBI in an accident than occupants of passenger vehicles.
- Pedestrian accidents: A person who is walking has none of the protections a vehicle provides. When struck by a car, a pedestrian can be knocked down and hit his head on the pavement. This can fracture the skull or cause bruising and bleeding of the brain. The greater the speed of the vehicle, the more powerful the force of impact.
- Car crashes: Many individuals have sustained brain injuries in motor vehicle accidents. The force of a collision can cause a blow or jolt to the head or body. Broken glass or metal can penetrate the skull and the brain.
- Slip and fall accidents: Falls lead to nearly half of hospitalization related to traumatic brain injury, as stated by CDC. When property owners or managers allow hazardous conditions to exist on their property, visitors may slip and fall, hit their heads, and sustain TBI.
- Bicycle accidents: Bicyclists in Bellevue and the state of Nebraska are not required to wear helmets when they ride, although it is highly recommended by agencies such as the Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC). Nearly 597,000 bicycle-related traumatic brain injuries were treated in U.S. hospital emergency departments from 2009 to 2018.
- Truck accidents: Occupants of passenger vehicles can suffer serious head and brain injuries in different types of truck accidents. For example, when a large truck rear-ends a car or SUV, the force of impact can jolt the head forward suddenly, causing the brain to bump against the skull. This can lead to brain tissue damage, bleeding, and swelling.
- Wrongful death: CDC reports that approximately 176 Americans die every day from traumatic brain injuries. When someone’s negligent actions cause TBI resulting in death, surviving family members of the victim can seek justice for their loved one in a wrongful death claim.
What Are the Long-Term Complications of Traumatic Brain Injury?
Some moderate to severe TBI victims have long-term disabilities related to their injuries. Emotional and mental effects may include personality changes, mood swings, difficulty controlling impulses, anxiety, and depression. Victims may suffer memory loss, visual changes, headaches, fatigue, balance problems, and reduced language skills. These complications can have life-altering consequences, not only for victims, but for their families as well.
Contact Bottlinger Law L.L.C. at (402) 505-8234 if you have sustained a brain injury in Bellevue through the negligence of another. We offer a free consultation. Our experienced Bellevue personal injury attorney has the knowledge, skills, and resources to effectively pursue the maximum compensation available. We have won millions for our clients.
Our legal team is ready to help. Please fill out the form below to set up a free consultation with the Bottlinger Law team.
$1.8 Million Settlement
Nursing Home Abuse
$1.4 Million Settlement
Agricultural Estate Dispute Between Family Members
Non-Surgical Soft Tissue Injury, Pedestrian-motor Vehicle Collision
Rear End Collision, Soft Tissue Injuries (Council Bluffs, Iowa)