Fremont Premises Liability Attorneys
Fremont is the county seat of Dodge County, Nebraska, located approximately 35 miles from Omaha. The city is anchored by its historic downtown, where residents and visitors can browse antique shops and boutiques. With easy access to the Platte River, Fremont offers outdoor activities, such as fishing, swimming, boating, and camping.
Fremont Personal Injury Services
As in other cities, people in Fremont can be injured when property owners fail to maintain their property reasonably free from hazards that could harm visitors. Severe injuries from a slip or trip and fall can be the result of hazardous walking surfaces in restaurants, retail stores, bars, sports and entertainment arenas and other commercial establishments, as well as in private residences.
If you have been injured in such an accident, you may have a premises liability claim against the property owner. Speak with an experienced Fremont personal injury lawyer to find out.
Private and commercial property owners in Nebraska have a duty of care to maintain their premises reasonably free from hazards to keep visitors from being harmed. Premises liability is a legal concept that can come into play when an injury is caused by a dangerous condition on someone’s property. Like most personal injury cases, premises liability claims are based on negligence. To prevail and recover compensation, you must prove that the property owner was negligent – failed to use reasonable care in connection with the property.
Slip or trip and fall accidents are caused by dangerous conditions that can cause a person to slip or trip and fall. Hazards that commonly cause this type of accident include:
- Snow and ice in walkways: Nebraska typically has substantial snowfall during the winter months. Snow and ice in parking lots and walkways can be dangerous if it is not promptly cleared and salted. Melting snow tracked in on footwear can cause slipping hazards inside buildings.
- Tripping hazards: Trip and fall accidents can cause serious injuries. Common causes include uneven or broken sidewalks, potholes in parking lots, debris in walkways, uneven floor levels, torn or wrinkled carpet, loose floorboards, objects left on the floor, and extension cords stretched across walkways.
- Dangerous stairways: Falls in stairways can be caused by broken or tilted stair steps, slippery treads, torn or wrinkled carpet, broken or missing handrails, poor lighting, debris in stairways, and uneven stair heights.
- Slippery floors: Slip and fall accidents can happen on floors that are dangerously slippery due to spills, oil, water leaks, or recent mopping or waxing.
- Elevators: Poorly maintained elevators pose a risk for falls when the elevator does not line up properly with the floor, creating a tripping hazard, or when a faulty pulley system causes the elevator to descend rapidly or stop suddenly with a jolt.
Falls can cause serious injuries. They are a leading cause of injury-related death among adults age 65 and older, as stated by CDC. Injuries commonly suffered in slip or trip and fall accidents include:
- Bone fractures, including fractured hips
- Traumatic brain injury
- Spinal injuries
- Facial fractures, lacerations, and broken teeth
- Wrist, arm, and shoulder injuries
If you or your loved one has suffered a slip and fall accident or another injury on someone else’s property, you may be entitled to seek compensation from the property owner. Your damages may include medical expenses, lost wages, pain and suffering, and other losses.
Contact Bottlinger Law L.L.C. at (402) 505-8234 to schedule a free consultation. Our Fremont premises liability attorney can explain your options under the law.
Our legal team is ready to help. Please fill out the form below to set up a free consultation with the Bottlinger Law team.
$1.8 Million Settlement
Nursing Home Abuse
$1.4 Million Settlement
Agricultural Estate Dispute Between Family Members
Non-Surgical Soft Tissue Injury, Pedestrian-motor Vehicle Collision
Rear End Collision, Soft Tissue Injuries (Council Bluffs, Iowa)