Fremont Reckless Driving Accident Lawyers
Reckless driving is a hazardous behavior that extends beyond minor mistakes on the road. It poses a significant danger to the safety of all individuals on the streets. In many instances, reckless driving can result in criminal charges in addition to civil responsibility for damages. Victims of reckless driving accidents suffer catastrophic injuries that may affect them for life.
If you or someone you know has been injured in a collision caused by a reckless driver in Fremont, Bottlinger Law L.L.C. is here to help. Our experienced Fremont car accident attorney can assist you in navigating the legal process and make sure you understand your rights. Founding trial lawyer Jason Bottlinger has over 15 years of experience successfully fighting for the rights of injury victims who have been harmed by someone else’s senseless actions. We’re here to support you during this difficult time and are fully prepared to get the justice you deserve.
To schedule a free consultation and discuss your legal options, call us at (402) 505-8234 today.
Reckless driving, as defined by Nebraska Revised Statute 60-6, 213, occurs when a person drives a motor vehicle in a manner indicating an indifferent or wanton disregard for the safety of persons or property. In simpler terms, it involves actions that put others at risk. Common forms of reckless driving leading to accidents include:
- Aggressive driving: Engaging in dangerous behaviors such as tailgating, weaving through traffic, and cutting off other drivers.
- Excessive speed: Driving well beyond posted speed limits which significantly increases the risk of collisions and severe injuries.
- Risky passing: Passing in no-passing zones, on hills, or in poor visibility conditions, violating safety regulations and risking lives.
- Failure to obey traffic signals: Ignoring red lights, stop signs, and failing to yield the right of way, putting other motorists at considerable risk.
- Drunk or drugged driving: Driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs is not only illegal but also a blatant form of reckless behavior. Impaired judgment and diminished coordination significantly increase the likelihood of accidents with severe consequences.
- Racing on public roads: Engaging in unauthorized and illegal racing on public streets is a clear form of reckless driving. Racing poses a grave danger to the participants and innocent bystanders, often leading to high-speed collisions and life-threatening injuries.
Establishing reckless driving in your case is a pivotal step in securing compensation for the injuries sustained in the accident. The evidentiary process involves a thorough examination of various factors that can substantiate the claim of reckless driving:
- Eyewitness accounts: Eyewitness testimony serves as a crucial component in proving reckless driving. Individuals who observed the incident can provide firsthand accounts of the at-fault party’s actions, shedding light on the nature of the reckless behavior. Their statements can offer valuable perspectives on the events leading up to the accident, contributing to a comprehensive understanding of the circumstances.
- Traffic camera footage: In today’s technologically advanced landscape, many intersections are equipped with traffic cameras that capture real-time footage of road activities. Such footage can be a powerful tool in proving reckless driving, offering a visual record of the at-fault party’s actions leading up to the accident. This objective documentation can serve as compelling evidence in legal proceedings, providing an unbiased account of the events.
- Expert testimony: Engaging the expertise of accident reconstruction specialists or other resources can help bolster the case. These experts can analyze the available evidence, including eyewitness accounts and traffic camera footage, to provide a detailed and professional assessment of the at-fault party’s reckless driving behavior. Their testimony adds a layer of credibility and technical understanding to the legal argument.
- Police reports: Official police reports filed at the scene of the accident can also contribute to establishing reckless driving. Law enforcement officers often document their observations, statements from involved parties, and any immediate assessments of the at-fault party’s behavior. These reports can serve as official records that support the claim of reckless driving.
When it comes to a claim for a reckless driving accident, there are different types of damages that may be involved. These damages can be unique to each case. In case of an accident, damages can be classified into three types: medical expenses, lost wages, and pain and suffering.
Medical expenses cover present and future medical costs. Lost wages compensate for the income lost during recovery, including past and future wages. Pain and suffering account for the physical and emotional impact of the accident on your well-being, while loss of enjoyment of life covers the effect on your ability to enjoy hobbies and daily activities.
In some instances, the court may also impose punitive damages to punish the defendant for their egregious conduct and discourage future recklessness.
A reckless driving accident can lead to catastrophic injuries that have a profound impact on your life. Even though insurance is supposed to cover your needs, insurance companies are in business for profit and won’t prioritize your well-being. That’s where Bottlinger Law L.L.C. steps in. We’re here to provide compassionate representation and pursue the maximum compensation available for your case.
If a reckless driver in Fremont has injured you, call us at (402) 505-8234 for a free consultation.
Our legal team is ready to help. Please fill out the form below to set up a free consultation with the Bottlinger Law team.
Recent Case Results
$1.8 Million Settlement
Nursing Home Abuse
$1.4 Million Settlement
Agricultural Estate Dispute Between Family Members
Non-Surgical Soft Tissue Injury, Pedestrian-motor Vehicle Collision
Rear End Collision, Soft Tissue Injuries (Council Bluffs, Iowa)
Fremont Personal Injury Services
- Fremont Personal Injury Overview
- Fremont Amazon Delivery Accident
- Fremont Amputation
- Fremont Bicycle Accident
- Fremont Burn Injury
- Fremont Bus and Van Accident
- Fremont Car Accident
- Fremont Child Injury
- Fremont Dog Bite
- Fremont Drunk Driver Accident
- Fremont Motorcycle Accident
- Fremont Nursing Home Abuse
- Fremont Orthopedic Injury
- Fremont Pedestrian Accident
- Fremont Premises Liability
- Fremont Product Liability
- Fremont Reckless Driving Accident
- Fremont Slip and Fall