Fremont Product Liability Attorneys
Representing Fremont Clients Injured By Defective Products
Fremont Personal Injury Services
- Fremont Personal Injury Overview
- Fremont Bicycle Accident
- Fremont Car Accident
- Fremont Dog Bite
- Fremont Motorcycle Accident
- Fremont Nursing Home Abuse
- Fremont Pedestrian Accident
- Fremont Premises Liability
- Fremont Product Liability
- Fremont Traumatic Brain Injury
- Fremont Truck Accident
- Fremont Uninsured Motorist Claims
- Fremont Wrongful Death
In 2021, U.S. emergency departments treated 11.7 million patients for injuries caused by consumer products, as stated by the National Safety Council (NSC). Most of these injuries were from everyday products assumed to be safe. Common products found in American households, such as televisions, cleaning products, and beds, can pose a serious risk when they are defective. Product manufactures and sellers have a duty to ensure their products are safe for use by the public. When they fail to do so, they can be held liable under the law.
Residents of Fremont can be hurt by dangerous products, like other Americans . If you or your loved one has suffered a serious injury caused by a faulty consumer product, your best course of action is to contact an experienced Fremont product liability lawyer.
What Does Product Liability Mean?
Product liability refers to the liability of manufacturers and other parties along the chain of distribution for damages caused by a defective product. These parties may include component part manufacturers, assembling manufacturers, wholesalers, retailers, and designers. Three types of product defects can incur liability:
- Design defects: An inherent design flaw, existing in the product before it is manufactured, can make it unreasonably dangerous to use.
- Manufacturing defects: A defect can occur during the production or construction of the product. In this case, only a few out of many products will be flawed.
- Marketing defect: Manufacturers are required to provide proper product labeling. Defects occur when they provide improper instructions or fail to warn consumers of dangers associated with use of the product.
What Types of Consumer Products Can Cause Injuries in Fremont?
Many different types of products can cause serious injuries to consumers. For example:
- Household appliances such as coffee pots, curling irons, and toasters can cause severe burns or electrical injuries when they have faulty wiring.
- Motorcycles, bicycles, and scooters that have defects can cause riders to crash and suffer serious head and brain injuries.
- Dangerous drugs flooding the market can have serious, long-term side effects not revealed in the product labeling, including damage to the heart, brain, liver, or kidneys.
- Children’s toys can be defective when they have small parts that break off easily, creating a choking hazard and the risk of death for small children.
- Cars with a defective designs, such as top-heavy SUVs, can be prone to roll over, seriously injuring occupants.
NSC reports that the types of defective products that have caused the most injuries are:
- Stairs, ramps, landing, and floors -- 2.7 million injuries
- Beds, pillows, and mattresses – 824,000 injuries
- Chairs, sofas, and sofa beds – 558,000 injuries
Among children up to four years of age, products causing the most injuries are:
- Soaps and detergents – 11,698 injuries
- Television sets and stands – 6,519 injuries
- Cooking ranges, ovens, etc. – 6,097 injuries
When Are Manufacturers and Sellers Liable for Product Injuries?
Manufacturers and sellers are strictly liable for damages caused by their products. When you bring a product liability lawsuit, you only need to prove that the product that caused your injuries is defective – not that the manufacturer or supplier failed to exercise due care. If a defect in the product caused you harm, the defendant can be held liable.
Damages you are entitled to claim will depend on the circumstances and the nature and severity of your injuries. Our Fremont personal injury attorney at Bottlinger Law L.L.C. can conduct an investigation into the facts, secure evidence to support a claim, and assess the full extent of your losses. We can pursue the compensation you deserve while you focus on recovering from your injuries.
We offer a free consultation. Contact us at (402) 505-8234 to find out how we can help.
Our legal team is ready to help. Please fill out the form below to set up a free consultation with the Bottlinger Law team.
$1.8 Million Settlement
Nursing Home Abuse
$1.4 Million Settlement
Agricultural Estate Dispute Between Family Members
Non-Surgical Soft Tissue Injury, Pedestrian-motor Vehicle Collision
Rear End Collision, Soft Tissue Injuries (Council Bluffs, Iowa)