Fremont Traumatic Brain Injury Lawyers
Traumatic brain injury (TBI) is an injury caused by trauma, rather than disease, which affects the function of the brain. There are two types of traumatic brain injury:
- Blunt TBI: Also known as closed head injury on non-penetrating TBI, this type of injury is caused by a violent blow or jolt to the head or body, or an external force strong enough to move the brain within the skull.
- Penetrating TBI: Also known as open TBI, this type of injury occurs when an object, such as a bullet, a bone fragment, or shrapnel, pierces the skull and enters the brain tissue. Typically, penetrating TBI damages only a portion of the brain.
Severe traumatic brain injury can have life-altering consequences. If you or your loved one has suffered brain injury through someone else’s negligence or wrongdoing, your best course of action is to speak with an experienced Fremont traumatic brain injury attorney as soon as possible.
When enough force is involved, Fremont citizens can suffer TBI in different types of accidents. Some of the most common causes are:
- Motorcycle accidents: Riders lack the protection of an enclosed vehicle. In a collision, a rider can be propelled from the bike onto the pavement or the ground. In rear-end collisions when a car hits a motorcycle, the bike can cartwheel and catapult the rider, often causing head trauma.
- Pedestrian accidents: Pedestrians have no protection at all in a collision with a motor vehicle. When hit by a car, a pedestrian could be thrown to the pavement, striking his head on an object on the way down. A smaller person’s head could strike the bumper or grill area of the vehicle. This is one reason child pedestrians hit by motor vehicles often suffer severe traumatic brain injury.
- Bicycle accidents: From 2009 through 2018, nearly 597,000 traumatic brain injuries related to bicycle accidents were treated in U.S. emergency rooms, according to the Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC).
- Car accidents: The force of a collision in a traffic crash can jolt the head and neck or body of a vehicle occupant, causing the brain to move inside the skull. Car accidents can also cause drivers and passengers to hit their heads on objects in the interior of the vehicle.
- Truck accidents: A collision between a large, heavy, commercial truck and a much smaller passenger vehicle can cause catastrophic or fatal injuries. TBI is not uncommon among Fremont truck accident victims.
- Slip and fall accidents: Falls are the leading cause of TBI overall, and particularly among children and older adults. Visitors to a property can suffer serious slip and fall accidents when property owners allow slipping hazards to exist on the premises.
- Wrongful death: Truck, car, motorcycle, bicycle, and pedestrian accidents and falls can all cause traumatic brain injury that results in death. When a fatal crash was caused by negligence, surviving family members have the option to seek justice for their loved one and compensation for their family in a wrongful death claim.
Severe traumatic brain injury can cause prolonged or permanent changes in a victim’s awareness, responsiveness, or state of consciousness. It can cause physical complications, such as seizures, vertigo, and headaches. Severe TBI can also cause long-term cognitive, communication, behavioral, and emotional problems. Victims may experience sensory problems, such as ringing in the ears, double vision, dizziness, or trouble balancing.
At Bottlinger Law L.L.C., we are compassionate listeners, effective litigators, and dedicated advocates for brain injury victims. Contact our Fremont personal injury lawyer at (402) 505-8234 to find out how we can help.
Our legal team is ready to help. Please fill out the form below to set up a free consultation with the Bottlinger Law team.
Recent Case Results
$1.8 Million Settlement
Nursing Home Abuse
$1.4 Million Settlement
Agricultural Estate Dispute Between Family Members
Non-Surgical Soft Tissue Injury, Pedestrian-motor Vehicle Collision
Rear End Collision, Soft Tissue Injuries (Council Bluffs, Iowa)
Fremont Personal Injury Services
- Fremont Personal Injury Overview
- Fremont Bicycle Accident
- Fremont Bus and Van Accident
- Fremont Car Accident
- Fremont Child Injury
- Fremont Dog Bite
- Fremont Drunk Driver Accident
- Fremont Motorcycle Accident
- Fremont Nursing Home Abuse
- Fremont Pedestrian Accident
- Fremont Premises Liability
- Fremont Product Liability
- Fremont Slip and Fall