Omaha Bike Part Recall Injury Lawyers
Advocating for Injured Bicyclists
Like other consumer products, defective bike parts can be recalled. Parts can be defective if they are not reasonably safe for their intended use. A rider who has been injured by a faulty bike part may have a product liability claim for compensation against the responsible parties.
What Bike Parts Can Be Dangerous?
Bicycle parts that fail to function for their intended purpose can be dangerous. Defective bike parts that can cause injury include:
- Face plates
- Wheel mechanisms
- Bicycle forks
How Can Bike Parts Be Defective?
Like other consumer products, bicycle parts can be defective in three basic ways under product liability laws:
- Design defects: This type of defect occurs when a product is manufactured as intended but has a design flaw that makes it inherently unsafe.
- Manufacturing defects: This can occur when the design of a product is adequate, but it is not manufactured correctly.
- Labeling defects: Manufacturers have a duty to provide adequate warning labels and instructions to guard against hazards associated with use of a product. When they fail to do so, the product has a labeling or warning defect.
What Types of Injuries Can Result from Recalled Bike Parts?
Defective bike parts can cause riders to crash and suffer a wide range of injuries. Common bicycle crash injuries include:
- Road rash (severe skin abrasions from sliding across a rough surface when a rider is thrown from the bike)
- Bone fractures (caused by trauma to the bone in the impact of a crash)
- Dislocations (when bones of the shoulder, elbow, fingers, knees, or ankles are forced out of the joint)
- Head trauma and traumatic brain injury (when a helmet falls off during a crash)
- Neck and back injuries (from falling off the bike)
- Genitourinary injuries (from broken seats or landing on the crossbar)
What Forms of Compensation Are Available to Injured Riders?
Bicyclists injured by defective parts may be entitled to seek compensation for their injuries. Damages are designed to compensate victims for their injuries and the losses they have suffered. Depending on the particular circumstances, they may include past and future medical expenses, lost wages or earnings, loss of future earning potential, scarring and disfigurement, permanent impairment, and pain and suffering.
How Is a Bike Part Recall Injury Case Assessed?
Our Omaha personal injury attorney can assess the full extent of your losses resulting from your bike part recall injuries. The value of your case can depend on several different factors, including:
- Severity and extent of your injuries
- Whether impairment is permanent
- Extent and degree of medical treatment required
- Loss of income as a result of your injuries
Do You Need a Lawyer for a Defective Bike Part Product Liability Claim?
Product liability claims are complex cases. To prevail in a lawsuit, you must prove every element of your case. Manufacturing companies and their insurers have teams of attorneys ready to fight against your claim, and they will use every possible defense. Your best chance of recovering full compensation is to have an experienced product liability attorney on your side. Our Omaha bike part recall injury lawyer can negotiate skillfully on your behalf and fight for the compensation you deserve in court if necessary.
Why Choose Bottlinger Law, L.L.C.?
Our firm was founded in 2013. Founding attorney Jason Bottlinger has been practicing law since 2006. We are compassionate listeners who try to put your mind at ease, and effective litigators who have recovered millions of dollars for our clients.
If you have sustained serious bike part recall injuries, call us today at (402) 505-8234 to schedule a free consultation. We can tell you if you have a case and what damages you may be entitled to claim.
Our legal team is ready to help. Please fill out the form below to set up a free consultation with the Bottlinger Law team.
Membership in this group is restricted only to attorneys who have won multi-millions dollar verdicts for their clients.
Jason Bottlinger has been named one of the Top 40 Lawyers under the age of 40 in the state by The National Trial Lawyers organization.
Our firm has a perfect A+ from the Better Business Bureau of Nebraska, which grades based on 13 different factors.
Car Accident Services
- Car Accident Overview
- Aggressive Driving Accident
- ATV Accident
- Auto Defect and Recall
- Bicycle Accident
- Bike Part Recall Injuries
- Bus and Van Accident
- Compartment Syndrome
- Construction Zone Car Accident
- Dangerous Road Accident
- Delivery Driver Accident
- Distracted Driving
- Dooring Accidents
- Driverless Vehicle Accident
- Drunk Driving Accident
- Emergency Vehicle Accident
- Food Delivery Accident
- Golf Cart Accident
- Government Vehicle Accident
- Hearing Damage After a Car Crash
- Highway Accident
- Hit-and-Run Accident
- Intersection Accident
- Moped Accident
- Motorized Bike Accident
- Nebraska Auto Insurance Laws
- Occupant Ejection Injury
- Out-of-State-Driver Accident
- Passenger Injury
- Pedestrian Accident
- Pickup Truck Accident