Omaha Construction Zone Car Accident Lawyer
Driving in a construction zone is frustrating. It can also be dangerous. Confusing directions, irritated drivers, and physical hazards can all result in serious accidents. In a recent year, over 857 people were killed and there were over 44,000 injuries that occurred in work zone accidents, according to the National Safety Council.
With Nebraska’s comparative negligence laws, construction companies, reckless drivers, and inattentive construction workers can all be held liable for your injuries. But it’s not always easy to figure out who’s at-fault in a construction zone accident.
If you were harmed in a construction zone accident, call Bottlinger Law, L.L.C. at (402) 505-8234 today. We’ll investigate the accident and find out who was responsible. Then we’ll file claims against the insurance companies representing all negligent parties to help you get the money you need to pay off your medical bills.
The two major causes of construction zone accidents are careless drivers and negligence by construction companies and their employees. The following types of driver behavior put others at risk in construction zones:
- Speeding. Impatient drivers often fail to slow down when approaching a construction zone, ignoring posted speed limit signs.
- Driving under the influence. Drivers who have a BAC above .08, or people who are under the influence of a controlled substance suffer from impaired judgment, reduced coordination, and diminished reaction time.
- Distracted driving is a growing concern with the increased use of cell phones. Drivers who are texting or talking on handheld devices or engaging in any type of behavior that limits their ability to pay attention are likely to cause an accident.
- Disobeying signs and instructions from work crews is a real concern. Drivers who don’t follow the rules put everyone at risk.
- Illegal lane changes often occur when drivers respond suddenly to merging traffic in a work zone.
Construction companies that operate work zones are responsible for how they are designed and supervised. Mangers and engineers must eliminate the following hazards to prevent accidents:
- Obstructions like tools and equipment left in the roadway
- Machinery such as tractors interfering with traffic
- Falling objects, scaffolding, and other items that can harm drivers
- Poorly marked mergers, detours, barriers, and other hazards
- Workers standing in the wrong place
- Improper instructions that direct traffic in wrong direction
Nebraska is an at-fault state. According to the state’s comparative negligence laws, anyone who contributes to the accident can be held liable for damages. For example, a construction company that didn’t properly train its employees on how to direct traffic and a speeding driver could both be required to pay for your medical costs and other expenses caused by the accident.
Insurance companies save money by paying out as little as possible in claims. Your Omaha car accident lawyer will review your medical records and present the insurance agent with a claim that reflects the true cost of your injuries. If the insurance company won’t make you a reasonable offer, Jason Bottlinger isn’t afraid to take them to court.
Rear-end collisions are the most frequent accidents in construction zones. But sideswipes, rollovers, head-on collision, and accidents involving heavy machinery may also occur.
Injuries and other negative consequences that our clients have experienced include:
- Loss of limb
- Severe burns
- Crush injuries
- Traumatic brain injury (TBI)
- Wrongful death
- Bone fractures
- Internal organ damage
- Neck and spine injuries
At Bottlinger Law, L.L.C., our team can file a claim to help you get the money you need to get better after an accident. Jason Bottlinger is a member of the Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forum.
At Bottlinger Law, L.L.C., you won’t owe us anything unless we win your case. Call (402) 505-8234 to learn more today.
Our legal team is ready to help. Please fill out the form below to set up a free consultation with the Bottlinger Law team.
Membership in this group is restricted only to attorneys who have won multi-millions dollar verdicts for their clients.
Jason Bottlinger has been named one of the Top 40 Lawyers under the age of 40 in the state by The National Trial Lawyers organization.
Our firm has a perfect A+ from the Better Business Bureau of Nebraska, which grades based on 13 different factors.
Car Accident Services
- Car Accident Overview
- Aggressive Driving Accident
- Airport Shuttle Accident
- ATV Accident
- Auto Defect and Recall
- Bicycle Accident
- Bike Part Recall Injuries
- Bus and Van Accident
- Compartment Syndrome
- Construction Zone Car Accident
- Dangerous Road Accident
- Delivery Driver Accident
- Distracted Driving
- Dooring Accidents
- Driverless Vehicle Accident
- Drunk Driving Accident
- Emergency Vehicle Accident
- Food Delivery Accident
- Golf Cart Accident
- Government Vehicle Accident
- Hearing Damage After a Car Crash
- Highway Accident
- Hit-and-Run Accident
- Intersection Accident
- Moped Accident
- Motorized Bike Accident
- Nebraska Auto Insurance Laws
- Occupant Ejection Injury
- Out-of-State-Driver Accident
- Passenger Injury
- Pedestrian Accident
- Pickup Truck Accident