Rollover Accident Lawyer in Omaha
Rollover vehicle accidents are particularly violent in nature and can cause a variety of life-threatening injuries. In a single year, only 2.1% of all collisions nationwide were rollovers, but that small percentage accounted for 35% of all vehicle deaths. If you or a loved one suffered injury in a rollover due to someone else’s negligence, an experienced Omaha car collision lawyer can help you seek a settlement for your injuries, property damage, and other losses that you endured as a result.
Car Accident Services
- Car Accident Overview
- ATV Accident
- Auto Defect and Recall
- Bicycle Accident
- Bus Accident
- Delivery Driver Accident
- Distracted Driving
- Drunk Driving Accident
- Government Vehicle Accident
- Hearing Damage
- Highway Accident
- Hit-and-Run Accident
- Intersection Accident
- Motorcycle Accident
- Motorcycle Lane-Splitting Accident
- Nebraska Auto Insurance Laws
- Passenger Injury
- Pedestrian Accident
- Rear-End Accident
- Reckless Driving Accident
- Rideshare Accident
- SUV And Vehicle Rollovers
- T-Bone Accident
- Uninsured Motorist Claim
Bottlinger Law L.L.C. is an Omaha-based law firm that specializes in personal injury representation. Call (402) 505-8234 today to learn about your options for pursuing legal action.
According to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, almost half of all rollover crashes involve alcohol. If the at-fault driver was cited for being under the influence of alcohol, you have strong legal grounds to seek compensation for your injuries and losses. Other causes of rollover accidents include:
- Tire failure: May be due to defective tires, excessively worn tires, a tire blow-out or puncture, or even the wrong tires on a vehicle.
- Road hazard: A defect in the roadway surface, such as a large or deep pothole, hazards in a construction zone, or a deteriorated roadway edge that causes a substantial difference in the elevation of the road surface and the shoulder surface.
- Tripping: When your vehicle hits an object in its path, causing it to lurch forward or to the side. The object could be a large rock, curb, debris from another car crash, or another foreign object.
- High center of gravity: This is an issue for some SUVs, large pickup trucks, and minivans and can cause the vehicle to roll or topple when it hits an object, changes direction suddenly, or during hard and rapid braking.
Any vehicle can be involved in a rollover accident, but there are some strong numbers to support the claim that SUVs are more likely to be involved in rollovers. In 2000, SUVs had the highest rollover involvement rate at a staggering 36%. Pickup trucks followed at 24%, and vans at 19%. Passenger cars were rated the safest at just 15%.
The center of gravity for SUVs is substantially higher than it is for passenger cars. An SUV is more likely to roll or flip forward or sideways rather than slide or skid across the ground when it is hit or strikes another vehicle or object. In addition, the narrower track of the tires and the shorter wheel base on smaller SUVs decreases their stability and increases the potential for a rollover-type accident.
If you were injured in a rollover, please contact Bottlinger Law L.L.C. at (402) 505-8234 to learn about your options. You may be able to pursue legal action against the other driver, your vehicle’s manufacturer, or even the city or municipality responsible for maintaining the road, if any of these parties has been negligent. You may have the right to compensation for your injuries and losses. Call today to schedule your free consultation.
Our legal team is ready to help. Please fill out the form below to set up a free consultation with attorney Jason Bottlinger.
Membership in this group is restricted only to attorneys who have won multi-millions dollar verdicts for their clients.
Jason Bottlinger has been named one of the Top 40 Lawyers under the age of 40 in the state by The National Trial Lawyers organization.
Our firm has a perfect A+ from the Better Business Bureau of Nebraska, which grades based on 13 different factors.see all accolades