Omaha Out-of-State-Driver Accident Attorneys
Nebraska has many tourist attractions, making it a popular destination in the United States. The influx of visitors means some drivers are unfamiliar with the state's traffic laws. This significantly increases the risk of accidents. Out-of-state drivers must follow Nebraska traffic laws and be responsible for caring for other road users.
If you have been injured in an accident involving an out-of-state driver in Nebraska, our dedicated and experienced Omaha car accident attorneys at Bottlinger Law L.L.C. are here to help. We can help you file a personal injury claim and fight for your compensation. Call us at (402) 505-8234 to schedule your appointment with our skilled team of lawyers.
There are different types of out-of-state driver accidents. Some of them include the following:
- Rear-End Accidents: These are one of the most common collisions involving out-of-state drivers. They are often caused by a lack of concentration and often result in severe impacts. For instance, when a person uses their phone when driving, they could crash into the back of a stopping car.
- High-Speed Collisions: It is obvious that speeding is the leading cause of most road accidents. This is not any different with out-of-state drivers, who are often involved in high-speed collisions. Some of the accidents involving high speeds are influenced by drunk driving or other impairment. These accidents are often catastrophic and could result in devastating injuries. It is the driver's responsibility to drive safely and prevent such collisions.
- Rollover Accidents: Out-of-state drivers are often involved in rollover accidents. These accidents occur when the driver loses control of their car and turns it upside down or onto its side. The car can also spin several times before coming to a stop. There is a high risk of head injuries in rollover accidents.
- Head-On Collisions: When two or more vehicles crash head-on into each other, the damages are often catastrophic. The excessive force applied when vehicles crash into each other often causes severe injuries such as spinal cord injuries and brain injuries.
There are many causes of out-of-state driver accidents. Knowing some of these causes will enlighten you on road safety and reduce such collisions. Some of the common causes include:
- Distracted Driving: Out-of-state drivers are mostly unfamiliar with the area and could easily be distracted. They may look at Omaha's beautiful scenery only to cause an accident. It is crucial for all drivers to focus on the road when driving.
- Reckless Driving: Over-speeding and driving under the influence are acts of a reckless driver. Going at high speeds without caring for the safety of other motorists will result in accidents. Out-of-state drivers might also be drunk, especially when they are on vacation or attending an event.
- Fatigue: Driving long distances can result in fatigue, increasing the risk of collisions. An out-of-state driver coming in from several states away can be fatigued. You are eligible for compensation if you have been injured in an accident caused by a fatigued out-of-state driver.
If you have been injured in an accident caused by an out-of-state driver, you have three options you can pursue; they are:
- Filing a claim with your insurance company: If the damages you have suffered are covered in your auto insurance policy, you can file a claim. In most cases, your insurance company will pursue a subrogation claim against the defendant's insurance company.
- Filing a third-party claim: You can file a personal injury claim against the at-fault party's insurance company. It is vital to work with an attorney in such cases.
- Filing a lawsuit against the at-fault party in a civil court.
Our experienced Omaha personal injury lawyers at Bottlinger Law L.L.C. will help you file a claim if you have been injured in an accident caused by an out-of-state driver. We have helped many people in your position and have what it takes to increase your chances of a favorable outcome. Call us today at (402) 505-8234 to schedule your appointment.
Our legal team is ready to help. Please fill out the form below to set up a free consultation with the Bottlinger Law team.
Membership in this group is restricted only to attorneys who have won multi-millions dollar verdicts for their clients.
Jason Bottlinger has been named one of the Top 40 Lawyers under the age of 40 in the state by The National Trial Lawyers organization.
Our firm has a perfect A+ from the Better Business Bureau of Nebraska, which grades based on 13 different factors.
Car Accident Services
- Car Accident Overview
- Aggressive Driving Accident
- Airport Shuttle Accident
- ATV Accident
- Auto Defect and Recall
- Bicycle Accident
- Bike Part Recall Injuries
- Bus and Van Accident
- Compartment Syndrome
- Construction Zone Car Accident
- Dangerous Road Accident
- Delivery Driver Accident
- Distracted Driving
- Dooring Accidents
- Driverless Vehicle Accident
- Drunk Driving Accident
- Emergency Vehicle Accident
- Food Delivery Accident
- Golf Cart Accident
- Government Vehicle Accident
- Hearing Damage After a Car Crash
- Highway Accident
- Hit-and-Run Accident
- Intersection Accident
- Moped Accident
- Motorized Bike Accident
- Nebraska Auto Insurance Laws
- Occupant Ejection Injury
- Out-of-State-Driver Accident
- Passenger Injury
- Pedestrian Accident
- Pickup Truck Accident