Omaha Auto Defect Lawyer
Sometimes, serious vehicle collisions occur because of defects in the manufacture of the vehicle involved. When this happens, the manufacturer might be liable for damages that occur.
Car Accident Services
- Car Accident Overview
- Aggressive Driving Accident
- ATV Accident
- Auto Defect and Recall
- Bicycle Accident
- Bus and Van Accident
- Compartment Syndrome
- Delivery Driver Accident
- Distracted Driving
- Driverless Vehicle Accident
- Drunk Driving Accident
- Emergency Vehicle Accident
- Government Vehicle Accident
- Hearing Damage After a Car Crash
- Highway Accident
- Hit-and-Run Accident
- Intersection Accident
- Moped Accident
- Motorcycle Accident
- Motorcycle Lane-Splitting Accident
- Nebraska Auto Insurance Laws
- Passenger Injury
- Pedestrian Accident
- Rear-End Accident
- Reckless Driving Accident
- Rental Car Accident
- Rideshare Accident
- Speeding Accident
- SUV And Vehicle Rollovers
- T-Bone Accident
- Uninsured Motorist Claim
Proving that a manufacturer’s negligence may have led to your injuries in a car crash can be very difficult, which is why we recommend speaking to an experienced Omaha product defect attorney. If you or a loved one has been hurt by a defective vehicle part, please call Bottlinger Law, L.L.C. at (402) 505-8234 to discuss your case and talk about your options.
Cars and trucks are complicated machines with thousands of moving parts, all of which need to function properly to keep people safe. We trust manufacturers to do their jobs and make sure we are safe when we use their products. When a vehicle manufacturer becomes aware of an auto defect, it needs to stop production of the defective item immediately and issue a recall to get those products off the road. Failing to do this may put people at risk and open the manufacturer up to civil lawsuits, if it failed to act in a reasonable way.
Many different types of accidents can happen due to defective parts on a truck, car, or other vehicle. These accidents include, but are not limited to:
- Single-vehicle collisions: This type of accident only involves one vehicle with a faulty or defective part. It can include failing brakes that cause the vehicle to strike a tree or barricade, or a defect causing a rollover accidents that does not impact other cars.
- Multi-vehicle collisions: Failing brakes may cause a car to strike another car or truck, as can tire blowouts and other serious defects.
- Harm to the driver: Defective parts in the interior of a vehicle, such as the driver's airbag, might only harm the driver of the car. Should the airbag detonate while driving, however, it can lead to larger collisions involving other cars.
- Harm to passengers: The defect might not even show up until a collision, for example, defective seatbelts or airbags. These are not likely to lead to larger accidents, but will seriously injure passengers instead of protecting them.
- Harm to others outside the vehicle: A defective part can also fall off a car or truck, impacting another car on the road behind and causing a collision.
The most important factors in this kind of product liability case are negligence and liability. To show negligence, you have to prove that the manufacturer was aware of the defect or issue and failed to act appropriately to keep it from harming people. You must then show liability, which means the defective product directly caused the vehicle accident or injury you have suffered.
If you have been harmed by a defective part on your car or truck, feel free to speak with our Omaha auto defect attorney at Bottlinger Law L.L.C. We offer a free consultation about your unique situation at (402) 505-8234.
- How Auto Recalls Save Lives
- Seat Belt Syndrome Explained
- Safety Issues & Recalls - NHTSA
- Recalls Look-up by VIN - Vehicle Identification Number
Our legal team is ready to help. Please fill out the form below to set up a free consultation with the Bottlinger Law team.
Membership in this group is restricted only to attorneys who have won multi-millions dollar verdicts for their clients.
Jason Bottlinger has been named one of the Top 40 Lawyers under the age of 40 in the state by The National Trial Lawyers organization.
Our firm has a perfect A+ from the Better Business Bureau of Nebraska, which grades based on 13 different factors.see all accolades