Omaha Plane Accident Attorneys
Omaha is home to Eppley Airfield, a major international airport. Located four miles from downtown, this medium-hub airport served more than 4.5 million passengers in 2022. Approximately 70 departures a day are provided by eight airlines to 31 nonstop destinations. Airlines flying out of Omaha include Alaska, Allegiant, American, Delta, Frontier, Southwest, United, and charters. Although they are far less common than car crashes, plane accidents do happen. When they occur, they rank among the most terrifying situations a person can experience. Airplane crashes can be fatal for passengers and crew alike.
If you have been injured or lost a loved one in an Omaha plane accident, contact Bottlinger Law L.L.C. We help those who have been injured through the negligence of others seek full compensation in personal injury claims. Founding attorney Jason Bottlinger has been named among the National Trial Lawyers Top 40 Under 40. Our experienced legal team is deeply dedicated to the individuals and families we serve. When you come to our firm after a tragic plane crash, you will find a skilled injury lawyer who will listen to your concerns and treat you with respect.
We’re here to listen and discuss your options. Call (402) 505-8234 today to schedule your free consultation.
Injuries on airplanes can happen in a number of ways. Types of airplane accidents include:
- Crashes: When an airplane crashes, resulting injuries can be catastrophic or fatal. Passengers may suffer bone fractures, spinal cord injuries, loss of limb, severe lacerations, internal organ damage, burns, and severe contusions. Plane crash survivors often suffer from post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD).
- Emergency landings: A large percentage of fatal aircraft accidents worldwide occur during the plane’s final descent and landing. Rough emergency landings can cause injuries from blunt trauma, falling luggage, or sudden drops in altitude. A forced emergency landing can cause injuries ranging in severity from minor to fatal, depending on the circumstances and the skill of the pilot.
- Runway incidents: The most critical times of a flight are during takeoff and landing, when the plane is closest to the ground, and the pilot does not have enough time or altitude for corrective action. Runway accidents can be caused by pilot error, air traffic controller error, mechanical failure, defective design, poor maintenance, or inclement weather. Collisions between planes or with vehicles not cleared from the tarmac can cause severe injuries to passengers.
- In-flight injuries: Turbulence can cause in-flight injuries when passengers hit their heads against windows, trip and fall on the way to the restroom, or get thrown from their seats. Falling luggage from overhead compartments can cause injuries during a flight. Common in-flight injuries include contusions, lacerations, broken noses, collarbone injuries, and traumatic brain injuries.
To recover compensation for injuries sustained in an airplane accident, you must first establish liability. This can be a complex process involving multiple potentially liable parties. Negligent parties may include pilots, airlines, manufacturers, maintenance providers, or air traffic control. Airplane accidents involve unique legal issues, including international aviation laws, jurisdictional issues, and the involvement of the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) and other government agencies.
Damages in an airplane accident claim can be extensive. They may include medical expenses, rehabilitation expenses, lost wages, pain and suffering, and wrongful death. It is important for victims and their families to seek compensation.
Your Omaha personal injury attorney plays an important role in investigating the accident, determining fault and liability, securing evidence, building a strong case, and negotiating with insurance companies or pursuing litigation to secure fair compensation.
If you’ve suffered injuries after a serious airplane accident, contact Bottlinger Law L.L.C. Our Omaha legal team is dedicated to providing compassionate and effective legal counsel.
Founding attorney Jason Bottlinger has been awarded membership in the Million Dollar Advocates Forum and the Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forum. We bring experience, diligence, and compassion to your case.
Call (402) 505-8234 today to learn more about how we can help.
Our legal team is ready to help. Please fill out the form below to set up a free consultation with the Bottlinger Law team.
Membership in this group is restricted only to attorneys who have won multi-millions dollar verdicts for their clients.
Jason Bottlinger has been named one of the Top 40 Lawyers under the age of 40 in the state by The National Trial Lawyers organization.
Our firm has a perfect A+ from the Better Business Bureau of Nebraska, which grades based on 13 different factors.
Personal Injury Services
- Personal Injury Overview
- Boat Accident
- Brain Injury
- Burn Injury
- Camp Lejeune Contamination
- Child Injury
- Crush Injury
- Day Care Accident
- Degloving Injury
- Dog Bite
- Electrical Injuries
- Eye Injury/Vision Loss
- Farm Equipment Injury
- Foodborne Illness
- Government Tort Claim
- Hematoma Injuries
- Nerve Injury
- NFL Head Injury