Omaha Motorcycle Lay Down Accident Lawyer
To avoid sustaining even severe injuries in an impact with another vehicle, a motorcycle rider might choose to lay down their bike, purposefully allowing it to fall sideways and away from them. Riders may make this snap decision when an accident is unavoidable in an attempt to survive a collision. Motorcyclists may wonder if this maneuver compromises their ability to recover compensation in an accident.
At Bottlinger Law L.L.C. in Omaha, our knowledgeable legal team could provide the skilled legal counsel you need to navigate your motorcycle accident case. Reach out to us today at (402) 505-8234 to schedule a free case review with our Omaha motorcycle crash attorney to discuss what occurred.
Motorcycle riders do not always have enough time to swerve to prevent a collision. Under these circumstances, the only reasonable alternative is to lay down their motorcycle. These are some of the most common causes of motorcycle lay down accidents:
- Sudden obstacles: If an obstacle suddenly appears on the road, a motorcycle rider might not have enough time to take any other measures to avoid hitting the object other than laying down their bike.
- Road hazards: Some road hazards may be difficult to see in time for a motorcyclist to appropriately react.
- Collisions: If two other motorists collide ahead of a motorcycle rider and there is not enough time to brake, they may have to lay down the bike to avoid colliding with the vehicles ahead.
- Mechanical failures: A motorcycle may not perform correctly due to mechanical failures or defects, with no option other than to lay down the bike.
As laying down a motorcycle will lead to injuries, insurance companies may attempt to challenge an injury claim. It is crucial to hire an experienced motorcycle accident attorney who could fight for fair and just compensation on your behalf. Nebraska is a comparative fault state, and the compensation could be reduced. If you are considered to be 50% at fault, you are not eligible to receive compensation for your injuries.
After a motorcycle accident in which you laid down your bike, the injuries sustained are often very serious, catastrophic, or in the worst cases, fatal.
Although motorcycle riders lay down their bike to minimize the severity of an accident, they still sustain some serious injuries, including:
- Road rash
- Broken bones
- Traumatic brain injuries (TBI)
- Neck injuries
- Internal injuries
- Spinal cord injuries
Your medical records will reveal the severity of the injuries sustained. A successful injury claim or lawsuit will allow an injured motorcyclist to recover several types of compensation, including but not limited to:
If you sustained injuries in a motorcycle lay down accident, the outcome of your case will in large part be the result of the skills and experience of your Omaha personal injury attorney. At Bottlinger Law L.L.C. in Omaha, our experienced personal injury team is prepared to provide personal guidance and talented legal representation to improve your chances of achieving a favorable case outcome. Reach out to our law office today at (402) 505-8234 to schedule a free initial consultation.
Our legal team is ready to help. Please fill out the form below to set up a free consultation with the Bottlinger Law team.
Membership in this group is restricted only to attorneys who have won multi-millions dollar verdicts for their clients.
Jason Bottlinger has been named one of the Top 40 Lawyers under the age of 40 in the state by The National Trial Lawyers organization.
Our firm has a perfect A+ from the Better Business Bureau of Nebraska, which grades based on 13 different factors.
Motorcycle Accident Services
- Motorcycle Accident Overview
- Lane Change Motorcycle Accident
- Motorcycle Defect
- Motorcycle Lane-Splitting Accident