Omaha Motorcycle Defect Lawyer
Hire the Best Motorcycle Defect Attorney in Omaha
Motorcycle manufacturers and retailers are responsible for creating and selling high-quality bikes that will not jeopardize your safety. Motorcycles are meant to transport you safely to your destination, which means they should be road-ready and safe. While this is supposed to be the case, there are defective motorcycles that often result in accidents.
Many people have suffered severe injuries and even lost their lives due to motorcycle defects. You may be eligible for compensation if you or your loved one has been injured due to a defective motorcycle. Our skilled Omaha motorcycle accident attorneys at Bottlinger Law L.L.C. are ready to help you file a claim and fight for compensation. Call us at (402) 505-8234 to schedule a free consultative appointment with our experienced attorneys.
What Are Motorcycle Defects?
Motorcycle defects are a common cause of accidents in Omaha. This also makes them subject to product liability claims. Like any other vehicle, motorcycles can also be recalled due to defects. This happens when the motorcycle has issues that put the owner at risk due to the manufacturer's mistake. Motorcycles often go at high speeds and come with many moving parts. This means that any defect could result in catastrophic events. Some of the common defects found in motorcycles include:
- Faulty Brakes: Any issues with motorcycle brakes can cause severe accidents. It is almost impossible to avoid accidents, especially if the motorcycle is speeding.
- Engine Defects: These defects could cause the motorcycle to come to unexpected stalling or stopping. It is the manufacturer's responsibility to avoid these engine defects.
- Improper Wheel Alignment: As you know, a motorcycle runs on two wheels. When the wheels are not properly aligned, there is a risk of accidents.
- Issues with the Accelerator and Gas Mechanisms: If a motorcycle has defects in gas and accelerator mechanisms, there is a risk of collisions. The bike might not move at the correct speed and could result in an accident.
Types of Injuries Caused by Motorcycle Defects
Motorcycle defects can result in many injuries. Some of them include the following:
- Burns: You can sustain second- or third-degree burns from the engine, exhaust, and manifold. A defective motorcycle engine can result in overheating which causes severe burns.
- Fractures: Most people sustain fractures in motorcycle accidents. If the motorcycle has defective brakes, it can run into other motorists or objects and cause fractures. Bones in the wrist and pelvis are often broken in bad motorcycle accidents. If you have sustained injuries in a crash caused by a defective motorcycle, you may have the right to seek compensation from the involved parties.
- Brain Injuries: Severe motorcycle crashes may result in brain injuries. When you collide with another vehicle, you can sustain serious head trauma even when you are wearing a helmet. You can suffer traumatic brain injuries when you take a serious blow to the head. Such injuries are severe and could impact your life significantly.
- Spine Injuries: Some motorcycle accidents result in spine injuries. The spinal cord is a key part of your body, and any damage it sustains could cause life-changing injuries. For instance, spinal cord injuries can cause permanent disability.
Trust Our Omaha Attorneys with Your Motorcycle Defect Claim
Motorcycle defects put your safety at risk because they increase the chances of catastrophic accidents. If these defects are not addressed promptly, you could suffer catastrophic injuries by no fault of your own.
If you have been injured in an accident caused by motorcycle defects, our experienced Omaha auto product liability lawyers at Bottlinger Law L.L.C. are ready to help. We will file a claim and help you fight for your deserved compensation. Call us at (402) 505-8234 to schedule your appointment.
Our legal team is ready to help. Please fill out the form below to set up a free consultation with the Bottlinger Law team.
Membership in this group is restricted only to attorneys who have won multi-millions dollar verdicts for their clients.
Jason Bottlinger has been named one of the Top 40 Lawyers under the age of 40 in the state by The National Trial Lawyers organization.
Our firm has a perfect A+ from the Better Business Bureau of Nebraska, which grades based on 13 different factors.