Defective Children’s Products Attorney in Omaha
Product Liability Services
Parents want the best for their children. And when it comes to car seats, toys, food, clothing, and other items specifically made for children, these products must all be safe for use. While these products generally undergo extensive quality testing in the United States to ensure they are safe for consumers, we often see headlines about a toy or car seat being recalled due to safety concerns.
If your child sustained injuries due to a defective product, seek legal help as quickly as possible. At Bottlinger Law L.L.C., we are committed to helping Nebraska families seek the financial compensation they deserve from the manufacturers of these faulty products. Contact our team at (402) 505-8234 to learn more about your legal options.
Children’s products should go through extensive testing and approval before they can be deemed safe for use. While there are many types of children’s products out there with different regulatory agencies to oversee them, the goal to protect children from harm is still the same. When it comes to children’s products that are found to be defective, some of the most common ones include:
- Car seats: Car seats and booster seats are regulated by the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA). All too often in the news, you hear about another child safety seat being recalled and children being hurt. Common defects in car seats include inadequate adjusters, weak frames, and more.
- Toys: It’s common to see warning labels on the boxes and backs of children’s toys. Oftentimes, the toy may indicate that it is a choking hazard or not suitable for children under a certain age. Of course, these injuries still occur, as well as injuries caused by sharp edges, toxic materials, and other common defects.
- Furniture: When a chair, dresser, or other piece of furniture that is used by your child breaks, it can be particularly dangerous. Tip-overs are another serious risk, and if a piece of furniture comes without wall anchors or warnings, a child could climb it and suffer a fatal injury.
- Clothing: Drawstrings, zippers, flammable materials, and other entanglement risks often cause children’s clothes to be recalled. A garment can be found defective if it’s shown that the manufacturer falsely advertised its safety towards consumers.
With the wide range of products that parents purchase for their children come a wide range of potential injuries. If an item of clothing or toy is defective, the most common injuries a child can sustain include:
In tragic cases, children can suffer long-lasting, even fatal injury. And that can change your family’s future forever. When you file a product liability claim, you can quickly find yourself in a complex and difficult situation. Before liability can be determined, there must first be proof that the product was directly responsible for the injuries your child sustained. If the injuries were caused by defects that should have been caught during a quality inspection, or due to false advertisement, then the manufacturer of that product should be held liable.
After a serious injury, work with an experienced attorney who can give you guidance and get your child justice.
We expect the products we buy for our children to be free from any potential hazards. But not all of them are. When a product has caused an injury to your child, you might find yourself with steep medical expenses and other damages that could impact your family’s future. Contact the team at Bottlinger Law L.L.C., to work through this complex legal landscape and fight for the necessary financial compensation. To schedule your free consultation with an Omaha defective product lawyer, call us today at (402) 505-8234.
- Questions & Answers for Consumers Concerning Infant Formula
- Safe Sleep – Cribs and Infant Products Information Center
- Product Recalls - Safe Kids
Our legal team is ready to help. Please fill out the form below to set up a free consultation with attorney Jason Bottlinger.
Membership in this group is restricted only to attorneys who have won multi-millions dollar verdicts for their clients.
Jason Bottlinger has been named one of the Top 40 Lawyers under the age of 40 in the state by The National Trial Lawyers organization.
Our firm has a perfect A+ from the Better Business Bureau of Nebraska, which grades based on 13 different factors.see all accolades