Omaha Airport Accident Lawyer
Eppley Airfield, located in Omaha, is a busy airport that requires proper management to minimize the risk of personal injury. During peak travel times, the airport sees a high volume of passengers, which increases the likelihood of accidents such as slips, trips, and falls in crowded areas. However, those who suffer injuries due to airport negligence may not have to bear the full burden of their injuries.
When you choose Bottlinger Law L.L.C., you get a dedicated team of experienced legal professionals as your ally. We are led by esteemed trial lawyer Jason Bottlinger, who has been recognized as a 2023 Elite Lawyer. With a proven track record that spans over a decade, Mr. Bottlinger has successfully represented numerous clients in multiple states. We are committed to delivering justice to our clients, and we offer a free consultation to discuss the specifics of your case.
If you need help, contact an Omaha premises liability attorney at (402) 505-8234 today to take the first step towards securing the justice and compensation you deserve.
Airports are bustling hubs with a constant influx of travelers, creating a unique environment prone to accidents. Slip-and-fall accidents at airports can occur due to a combination of factors, including slippery surfaces, spills, and poorly maintained walkways. These factors contribute to the risk of slip-and-fall incidents:
- Slippery surfaces: Indoor areas, such as terminal floors, can also become slippery due to cleaning activities. Floors that have recently been mopped or polished may not have dried completely, posing a hazard to pedestrians.
- Spills: Airports have numerous food courts, restaurants, and cafes where passengers may purchase and consume food and beverages. Accidental spills in these areas, if not promptly cleaned, can create slippery surfaces.
- Inadequate signage: Failure to provide adequate warning signs in areas where there are known hazards, such as wet floors or ongoing maintenance, can contribute to slip and fall incidents. Clear and visible signage is crucial for alerting pedestrians to potential dangers.
Under premises liability, airports owe passengers a duty to maintain reasonably safe premises, and this includes implementing adequate security measures to protect passengers from foreseeable harm. Here are key duties that airports typically owe to passengers in terms of security under the concept of premises liability:
- Reasonable security measures: Airports are expected to implement reasonable security measures to prevent criminal activities, including acts of terrorism, assaults, thefts, and other security threats.
- Security inspections and screening: Airports have a duty to conduct thorough security inspections and screenings of passengers and their belongings.
- Proper lighting: Airports should ensure that all areas, including parking lots, walkways, and terminals, are adequately lit. Proper lighting is essential for passenger safety, as it helps deter criminal activities and reduces the risk of accidents and incidents.
- Surveillance and monitoring: Airports are expected to maintain effective surveillance systems, including security cameras, to monitor key areas within the premises.
Malfunctioning equipment at airports poses various potential dangers that can compromise the safety of passengers, staff, and overall airport operations. Here are some potential dangers associated with the malfunction of critical equipment at airports:
- Escalators and elevators: Malfunctioning escalators or elevators can lead to sudden stops, jerky movements, or unexpected changes in speed, increasing the risk of passengers tripping, falling, or sustaining injuries.
- Moving walkways: Malfunctioning moving walkways can experience abrupt stops or unexpected jolts, causing passengers to lose balance and potentially fall.
- Baggage handling systems: The breakdown of machinery, such as baggage scanners or sorting systems, can lead to unexpected movements or malfunctions, increasing the risk of injuries.
- Security screening equipment: Malfunctions in security screening equipment may compromise the effectiveness of detecting prohibited items, posing a potential security risk.
- Lighting systems: Malfunctioning lighting systems can lead to poor visibility in terminals, walkways, or parking areas, increasing the risk of accidents, falls, or criminal activities.
Airport parking lots and shuttles pose various risks to travelers. Parking lots can be crowded and busy, increasing the likelihood of accidents, theft, or damage to vehicles. The sheer volume of parked cars, coupled with pedestrians navigating the area, creates a potential for collisions. Shuttles transporting passengers between parking areas and terminals may face risks of accidents, leading to injuries for passengers or pedestrians. Inadequate maintenance, driver negligence, or other factors could contribute to shuttle-related incidents. Additionally, the risk of theft or assault in parking lots is a concern. These risks emphasize why airports must implement robust security measures and safety protocols to mitigate these risks and ensure a secure environment for all visitors.
Airports have a duty to maintain a safe environment for all individuals on the property. This includes adhering to federal regulations, complying with security obligations, and addressing contractual and product liability issues. Failure to meet safety standards may result in legal consequences under negligence claims, where the airport could be held liable for injuries caused by its breach of duty.
Poor maintenance at airports can cause harm to pedestrians due to uneven surfaces, damaged flooring, or poorly marked obstacles. It may also lead to structural hazards, premises liability issues, and regulatory compliance violations. Legal implications include potential compensation for victims, making it crucial for injury victims to seek legal advice to understand their rights and take appropriate action.
At Bottlinger Law L.L.C., we believe in holding airports accountable for ensuring the safety of their visitors. If you or a loved one has suffered a serious injury at Omaha airport, we are here to provide the legal support you need. With a deep understanding of the complexities of airport accident cases, we stand ready to secure the compensation you deserve.
Contact us at (402) 505-8234 for a free consultation to discuss your case.
Our legal team is ready to help. Please fill out the form below to set up a free consultation with the Bottlinger Law team.
Membership in this group is restricted only to attorneys who have won multi-millions dollar verdicts for their clients.
Jason Bottlinger has been named one of the Top 40 Lawyers under the age of 40 in the state by The National Trial Lawyers organization.
Our firm has a perfect A+ from the Better Business Bureau of Nebraska, which grades based on 13 different factors.
Premises Liability Services
- Premises Liability Overview
- Airbnb Accident
- Airport Accident
- Amusement Park Accident
- Apartment Complex Injuries
- Commercial Business Injury
- Elevator/Escalator Accident
- HOA and Condominium Association Injury
- Hotel Premises Liability
- Icy Walkway Injury
- Negligent Security
- Sidewalk Injury